BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fraser River Rookie Aug 16

Fantastic day on the Wellington Bar despite the lack of fish or bites for that matter. Learned the ropes out there and enjoyed the great weather. I picked up an 11' Amundson Extra Heavy Action Castiing Rod (SC2110XH) and it was great for the 18oz weights we were throwing. The fish counter at Island 22 said she only recorded 2 catches all day despite lots of boats. We will be back soon!!!!

· Registered
26 Posts
Re: Fraser River Rookie Aug 16

When bar fishing on the Fraser do you Gents put anything on the hook behind the spin and glow? I tried a couple times last fall around matchstick bar and had no luck. However it's good to mention that, it was great to have my daughters out fishing with me.

· Registered
691 Posts

Steelie Trav said:
I like to use a big glob of roe in a bait sac to help intice a bite, then again my luck with the bar rod isn't the greatest :drunk:
i know that feeling as I've tried a few times this year and all i can say is lots of roe used and they only bites i got were form mosquitoes but still fun to be relaxing and shoot the sheeit with the guys

· Registered
26 Posts

I'm feel better knowing I'm not the only guy that can't seem to produce on a bar rod in the Fraser. I've mentioned in other threads that I'm a Skeena fisherman, up there bar fishing with just a spin and glow is very productive. Bar fishing and casting spoons in the Skeena is what hooked me on fishing 8 years ago. Pun intended. My daughters are now 14 and 12 (still love fishing with me) would catch salmon nearly every outing using their own rods. Huck the frisbee around and listen for the bell. On the Fraser it's just a lot of frisbee and roasting hotdogs. I've yet to catch a salmon on the bar rig. Oh yes, thanks for the tip regarding the roe. It's worth a shot.

· Registered
584 Posts

I usually use roe for the jacks...it doesn't seem to stay on very long in the faster water. Too slow of water and the pike minnows will pick it clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.