BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try to Fraser for the first time tomorrow for Springs. Plan on launching at Island 22 in my 1448 Alumacraft Jon with 25 hp Yamaha. Can anyone advise me on where to find a decent bar to try some fishing that won't be too crowded? (everyone can laugh now) I have a 10.5' Converenge Medium Action rod but I think it will be too light for throwing 16-18oz weights so I will likely pickup a heavier action rod today somewhere (advice? want to spend less than $100 for the rod). Other than that this will be a new experience for me, I am primarily a lake fisherman so I am excited about the Fraser - I will also use extreme caution as I understand this river is very powerful and dangerous with many huge logs and hidden rocks/sandbars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have some experience fishing the frasier. Yes, if you want to bar fish a stout rod is in order with at least 20# test and 15# leader. Wellington bar would be a good place to start. It is easy to get to and people catch fish there.

If you want to drift fish from your boat(you will need to have a proper anchor), your 10'6" rod will be O.K. Grassy bar is also close with easy access, you'll see boats lined up there, just find as spot and anchor in between them. There don't seem to be too many springs in the river now, so it may not be too crowded. Let us know about your first trip Good luck, and wear a life preserver. It is a very powerful river.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.