BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just curious as to the water levels on the Fraser between Chilliwack and Hope. I see that the official level is 5.75 meters, but that doesn't mean anything to me. Is the river still high? Are most of the sockeye bars still under water? Or is it fishable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Chilliwack and worked from home today. On my lunch break I drove over to Peg Leg to take a look. There was a buddy of mine there who is 6'4".
He dressed in his swim shorts to see if he could cross. Not a chance!!! Way to high and way to fast. It was way over his head at the 3 shallowest crossing spots. Not sure about the spots in Hope, I haven't ventured up there yet.

If you rely on crossing by foot on Peg Leg to fish the Fraser, don't bother, it's not going to happen.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the problem at Peg is that the back channel where everyone crosses got dredged out with the high water and you wont be getting accross there AT ALL anymore without a boat :cheers: guys at reaction told me about this

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
HOOK said:
the problem at Peg is that the back channel where everyone crosses got dredged out with the high water and you wont be getting accross there AT ALL anymore without a boat :cheers: guys at reaction told me about this
Well I guess there is no need for a gate now :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.