BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went down to the north arm this aft. to teach my daughter how to cast. by the time we left, about 2 hrs before high tide, the river was as thick with fish as I've ever seen. at one point, there were at least 30 fish out of the water in about 20 seconds. how long did you say it took for them to get upriver???

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I fished the upper Fraser yesterday in the hope area and the fishing sucked.As we were walking in we saw a nice lady who said we showed up just in time the fishing is just starting to get good as it has been dead all day.Well I saw maybe half a dozen hooked and landed from 4 pm to dusk.I lost a big spring and lanbded abeauty 10 lb white that was silver as a dime with sea lice still attached to it. Other than that not much more where I was.

Hotrod

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i fished Pegleg on sunday

it was very slow but picked right about dinner time

i hooked into alot in abotu an hour

but it was SO PACKED that i got crossed everytime and only managed one to my hands

oh well it will make a good supper on tuesday night

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hook,

I was at Pegleg on Sunday with my family (wife in a lawn chair and son of 3 playing near the water) and almost got skunked. I caught a little panfry sockeye :roll: , okay it was 3 pounds. But that was after about 4 hours. We must have left just before the flood of fish arrived. My boy loved being at the river with me. :D

Last night I was priveleged to sit in a boat farther up river and we got into about 8 in an hour to the boat. Everyone around us was catching just after 6pm until dark. Boatfishing beats the battleground at the peg. No springs though. But two sockeye each. A beauty night on the water. No better way to spend a Monday evening.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I managed to book today off and I hit the Fraser this morning with a buddy. We both had our 2 sox by 8:00 AM. Lost three other fish in the process of getting my second one. My friend lost a couple of fish before his second fish as well. However, we finished with a bang - double header with both fish landed... :D . We then promptly packed up and left the bar with only 2 guys left fishing on it!

We fished the Chilliwack area (NOT pegleg). I figure the fishing should be good for a day or two, depending on whether the commercial opening goes on tomorrow as well. However, I won't be able to make it out. I've got no complaints though. I feel very fortunate to have been given an opportunity to get some sox this year! The Hope area may be productive if the Chilliwack area cools off...

I also collected a bunch of used leaders left on the beach to take to my garbage at home. Otherwise, there was very little garbage in the area where we fished.

Tight lines and have fun out there everyone!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Caught 3 Sockeyes on 3 Casts!

Caught 3 Sox on 3 cast, had to hand over the rod to my buddy on the third. Couldn't believe how thick the fish where on Saturday! Maybe they weren't cuz i was the only one catching for the an hour people were saying. Just lucky, Maxed out in 10 minutes. It took us longer to clean the fish than to catch it. Sunday was just as amazing maxed out in like 20 minutes and manage to hit a big spring!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
holy s$%t, spent an hour at the north arm tonight, and I have never seen anything like it. people were standing at the edge of the river in awe. at any given time, there were no less than 50 fish visible out of the water. there was not one minute when you could not see that many fish. next couple of days should be awesome upriver.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Maxed out Saturday and Sunday

recklessme said:
Was out near Hope and maxed out both days. I landed over 6 fish each day and hooked on to many more. It was slow for most people on Sunday, but I still maxed out.
Why would you land over 6 fish per day when you only need 2 sox to limit out? Maybe I should avoid this post as it may cause another long drawn out conversation about the mortality rates, but really, why? Get your 2 and be fortunate for those.

In my opinion.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well - I went out this morning with two guys - one was from Alberta and never hooked into a salmon before. Within the first half hour I was into three fish but only one landed. My buddy lost a couple of fish as well. Then the sun hit the water and the fishing really slowed down! However, we gave it a good shot and stayed until 10 AM with five fish on the beach between three guys. The great thing was to see the new guy hook and land his first salmon! Overall, the fishing was very good in the morning with everybody (just 5 in total) hooking fish. But when the sun hit the water, the hook-ups became sporadic at best.

On the down side, we got stuck for 1.5 hours in a traffic jam at Whatcom Road. There were two accidents - one accident occurred right after the first accident cleared up! Then, a truck with a load of gravel cut in front of me and guess what? You got it - a piece of gravel flew off the truck and struck my windshield :x . Ended up with a dandy crack. I went to Speedy Autoglass and the guy there advised that I need a new windshield and the damage is too great for a repair job. Looks like another 300 bucks down the toilet. I should have taken note of the license plate of the truck - but oh well. In the big scheme of things - this is no big deal. :)

Anyway, I've got two more sockeye to fillet. Have fun out there and tight lines!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, we were in the same lineup. At first we thought it was more of the paving construction delays, but then realized that it must have been an accident.

Did you see that trailer and pup??? Judging from the pup hitch, it must have flipped over....talk about a rat's nest!!

My thought was that the driver had to break hard, the pup jackknifed and then flipped...

What a hazzle, but I didn't see any injuries, so thats a good thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Maxed out Saturday and Sunday

Thrasher said:
recklessme said:
Was out near Hope and maxed out both days. I landed over 6 fish each day and hooked on to many more. It was slow for most people on Sunday, but I still maxed out.
Why would you land over 6 fish per day when you only need 2 sox to limit out? Maybe I should avoid this post as it may cause another long drawn out conversation about the mortality rates, but really, why? Get your 2 and be fortunate for those.

In my opinion.
I only landed 2 and handed the rod off to two of my friends, don't worry I follow the rules. I was just luckier than some. When you drive from as far as Vancouver and there's four of you we might as well all max out as long as the other guy brings the fish in. Gas prices are expensive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
can't wait till they close the river, then I don't have to read your stories about you guys bitchin' about everything. The sockeye season is a gong show, and I'm glad I'm not involved in it. It is total amature fishing, and that's why you get the trailer trash out there fishing the fraser. I'm glad I'm working every weekend this summer doing cabin reno's. I'll take my days off when the winter crome start coming in, and all the monkeys aren't man enough to stand the 3 degrees sideways drizzle. Can't wait for this winter!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey buddy I fish right through November, December and January for Coho and Steelhead. And I release most of my Steelheads. Don't generalize your comments too much. There are serious fishermen out here. I've fished right through Christmas, and New Years in the snow and ice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
can't wait till they close the river, then I don't have to read your stories about you guys bitchin' about everything. The sockeye season is a gong show, and I'm glad I'm not involved in it. It is total amature fishing, and that's why you get the trailer trash out there fishing the fraser.
Steelynightmare, stop reading the friggen posts if you don't want to read about madness. When does a discussion about stupid people become complaining for you? I fish the fall and into the winter and really enjoy getting to the peace and solitude of the interior lakes, but I also like fishing for sockeye. It's a better way of eating fish than getting it at the costco. I admit, I got a couple springs this year and a few sockeye and enjoy meeting the people out there on the water. Sometimes I boat and that takes the edge off the sockeye fishing for me, but all in all, it's recreational fishing. People may not be so bright, but likely neither were you when you started fishing. I wasn't either, but look at me now.

The more relaxing salmon fishing is in the fall and the little streams away from the BIG RIVER. Hopefully I'll get to it some this fall. I got a couple of woodworking projects and a new baby on the way in mid december with a three year old helping his dad out as much as he can.

Peace.

2006 Count: Sockeye, 7; Chinook, 2.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I feel the same as BD, Yes I bitch about stuff during Sockeye season because if I see something thats not right I need to say some thing about it. Just the way I am, and isn't that what a forum is all about? I wouldnt go as far as calling it a think tank, but we have here a group of avid fishermen with a wealth of knowledge they are trying to share. So what if you have to weed thru the BS now and then, afterall fishermen are the best BSers on the planet. I wouldnt miss Sockeye season for the world. Pegleg is my second home, I call it Sockeye City. Every time you go out and spend a few nites there you me the best people. Some times it can be a gong show, its all a part of the show! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.