BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm heading out to langley tomorrow to bar fish (first time in many years, i'm not sure I remember how). I checked the fisheries notice and I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly.

There is a bait ban and I can only selectively fish for chinook and chum? In terms of License I need a non-tidal tag correct? do I need a salt water license also?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Enniberg said:
How about the STAVE river, does it require the non-tidal license? I already have a tidal license and last year I purchased a non-tidal to fish the stave but do I even need one ???
longstone said:
You need a freshwater licence to fish the Stave as it is only the Fraser that is affected by the tidal boundry.
Perhaps the 2 of you could spare the time to read your fishing regulations. Enniberg, the answer to your question is to be found on page 22. Longstone, you certainly could benefit from reading and knowing the regulations, before you steer another angle in the wrong direction. Read page 22 and then come back and tell us which rivers are affected by the tidal boundary.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well if you want to get technical professori, it is true that you can fish the few meters of the Stave below the CPR bridge to the confluence of the Fraser with a tidal licence.  Of course the vast majority of people fish above the CPR bridge, which as you can see from page 22 would require a nontidal licence. Perhaps there should be more clarity on your part before you criticize others, or steer another angler in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Guys, I hate to ask dumb questions but I want to absolutely sure. If I'm fishing below the mission bridge I need my saltwater license (with salmon tag) and I DO NOT need stealhead/salmon tags on my freshwater? I'll probably get them anyways, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Zenyo,

If you are fishing tidal waters for salmon you need a salmon tag.

If you are fishing for salmon in fresh water you need a salmon tag.
If you are fishing for steelhead in fresh water you need a steelhead tag.
If you are fishing for sturgeon in fresh water you need a sturgeon tag.

Hope this helps,

GOFISH 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.