DMW you were sharp to notice the different combos but missed something else

Look at the dates on each pic
One was 10\18\2008
The other 09\17\2008

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DMW said:
Very nice fish. Was that your Chromer Spring as well? ..... I notice that there is a different rod and reel combo in the pic. Couple really nice outfits. ;D
Thanks DMW, Yes I fish the Vedder mid September( the Bait ). That's when all the bullets come in and there really isn't that much pressure. I hooked 8 fish that day, beached some really nice sea lice covered springs and lost a beauty coho around 15 lbs. That rod and reel is a 12' Sage Graphite II 5120GSP and a Shimano Curado 300DSV. They don't make it anymore it is by far my favourite big fish rod, I built it myself with top components and also have another blank. The other rod is another fave of mine that they also discontinued. It's a 10'6" 1261 G.Loomis GL3 fast action light power (4-10lb) and an 11 bearing Shimano Calais. That's my favorite set up for coho and small steelhead, its super light and you can fish forever and not fatigue.

:beerchug:

· Registered
736 Posts
Nice. I just picked up a Bantam Curado 201 SF and a St.Criox Wildriver 8-14lb Med/light rod tonight. My rod doesn't even give Coho a chance, so I figured I could have some more fun with a superlight combo. Hopefully get to try it out for some more Coho sometime this week. :beerchug:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Dave i have the exact rod, sent u a pm, dont ever sell it, ur gonna love it. Fished with it since i was 9 finally switched to the cp this year, if i could that blank in a cp rod it would be deadly, hopefully the cherry gets popped fast. It aint super light but its light, lets u play the fish and u can fish light leaders easily. Good luck

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DMW said:
Nice. I just picked up a Bantam Curado 201 SF and a St.Criox Wildriver 8-14lb Med/light rod tonight. My rod doesn't even give Coho a chance, so I figured I could have some more fun with a superlight combo. Hopefully get to try it out for some more Coho sometime this week. :beerchug:
Nice, I suppose you can never have too many rods, I currently own 5 Sage rods 2 Loomis a Fenwick and a few others. I use different rods for different water/situatuions and depending on what type of fish I'm targeting. As far as the centrepin goes I gave it up young gun. I get enough single action on the Kamloops bows and out in the chuck. I had a J.W young seldex, a Milner kingfisher, an Islander steelheader and a Hardy Silex that former Canuck Brendan Morrison now owns. I'll try to find a pic of the Hardy to post.
:beerchug:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
nice chromer, single action is wat its all about, watch bentrods videos on the vedder, u'll see his long rod/single action hook sets. i HAD 6 rods before i got the centerpin, now i have one, working on 2. Gave all my setups back to my dad, lol.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
young gun said:
nice chromer, single action is wat its all about, watch bentrods videos on the vedder, u'll see his long rod/single action hook sets. i HAD 6 rods before i got the centerpin, now i have one, working on 2. Gave all my setups back to my dad, lol.
I guess to each his own. I fished the pin for years and went the other way!!! There is no denying that you get a better drift when float fishing or that the battle is more challenging with the single action. I just opt to fish more efficiently with new technology. I can tell you I've salvaged a few days of steelheading by swinging a spoon through a run after floating bait, wool, jensen egg etc. and hooking up with some steel. The centrepin is really made for float fishing and although it can be done it doesn't really lend itself to swinging metal or tossing a Blue Foxx once in a while. Read Bill Herzog's book Spoon Fishing for Steelhead that dude is one mean steelhead fisherman.

· Registered
149 Posts
young gun said:
i have his spoon fishing book, and his drift fishing, and west coast steelheader, and carlisles west coast book.

all good writes, i read through them alot. U can always learn new things.
yeah you read it well when you said about only 8 lbs leader works

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
young gun said:

Here is that pic for you young gun.

I've got some car pics for you too DMW, although I am a Chevy guy, I think I read somewhere that you're a gear head too. Your Stang looks cool.

· Registered
736 Posts
chromer said:
young gun said:

Here is that pic for you young gun.

I've got some car pics for you too DMW, although I am a Chevy guy, I think I read somewhere that you're a gear head too. Your Stang looks cool.
Yeah man, I am a gear head as well. I like going fast. >:D Thanks for the comment on the car and if you want, post of some pics of your Chebby!! ;D That's a nice reel you had there, Brendon should be happy with it. I tried out my new combo today and I gotta say, I really like it, the rod and the reel. The reel was supper smooth and the rod may have been a bit light as I was not expecting to get into any brutes...... but it held it's own quite nicely. There is a report up for it if you want to take a look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.