BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fraser Valley report for the week of March 18, 2008

STS Guiding Service 2008 Seminar Schedule

We have 2 spots left for our March 29 Jet Boat Seminar, all other dates are sold out. please call or e-mail us to book
Please see http://www.guidebc.com/seminar_jetboat.asp for more info

April 5 sturgeon workshop has one spot available, April 12 still have two spots. More information http://www.guidebc.com/sturgeonseminar.asp

April 6,13 & 20 fly casting clinic has one spot available.
http://www.guidebc.com/seminar_flycast.asp

To sign up for any of the above seminars, please call or e-mail us.

Fraser Valley Report

Sturgeon
Sturgeon fishing has been inconsistent this past week which is not unexpected for this time of year. Local weather conditions have been all over the map which inturn makes the fishing the same. Weather patterns for the next 10 days is about the same as last week, 47 to 49 degrees with 30 to 60 percent chance of rain.

Ryan and Tom have been on the water this week with fair to good results. Like I mentioned above it’s been inconsistent but fishing has definitely improved compared to a few weeks ago.
Our best day was yesterday with 30 fish landed but that was an exceptional day, average has been 5 to 8 fish per boat. Our largest was just over 6 ft but we did manage quite a few 5 footers.

We are now booking for our April/May sturgeon charters and still have some good dates available. We can also add some steelhead fishing into these trips so make sure you ask about our steelhead/sturgeon combo trips when placing your booking.

Vedder River Steelhead

Our Vedder River Steelhead Guide Gerry Dewar reports fair to good fishing. Gerry has been averaging 1 fish per day with the odd 2 or 3 fish day. Gerry feels that the fishing this year is not as good as the past two winters but if you know your stuff you can still go out and find a few fish each trip out.

We will continue to offer guided steelhead trips and instructional steelhead fishing with Gerry until water conditions are not suitable. This usually doesn’t occur until mid May so we still have lots of time to fish for steelhead.

Join us for one of our one on one or small group steelhead seminars. We are offering seminars and guided steelhead trips on a daily basis, first come first serve. The cost this 1-day on the river seminar with one of the Vedder’s top steelhead anglers is $275 for 1 person or $375 for 2 anglers.

Trout fishing in the Valley
I was out on the Harrison a few days a go and saw quite a few fish feeding on what appeared to be salmon fry. I didn’t actually fish myself so I can’t be 100% sure but it did look like some Cutthroat were having some fun.

I boated the Fraser from Mission all the way to Hope and did not see one fish rise so I don’t think the salmon fry are coming down the Fraser yet. Usually you see some shoreline feeding activity when there are fry around.

We fished Harrison Lake a week ago and spent a little time on the Lower Lillooet River. There were a few rainbows and cutthroat around but again, no real feeding activity going on.

Chehalis River
With record snow packs at Hemlock Valley Ski Resort you can be sure that once local weather begins to get warm, this river will be done for steelhead fishing. If you want to fish the Chehalis I would suggest getting out soon. A few reports coming from the canyon and most of them are the same, lots of walking, hiking and wetting lines for little reward. If you get lucky and find a pocket of fish, you’re rewarded with a few nice fish.

Vancouver Saltwater Report

Fishing has remained consistent for winter chinook salmon in English Bay over the last couple weeks. We have been hooking 3-5 winter chinook salmon in the 6-15 pound range per charter recently. We have been focusing our efforts off the West Vancouver shoreline. We have been getting the bulk of our hits following the bottom contours in 90-120 feet of water. Anchovies and coyote spoons behind flasher have both been working well. Crabbing has also been really good as well!
Local winter chinook fishing should continue to be productive till the middle of April. At that time we will likely shift our efforts towards the south end of Bowen Island and the Gulf Islands for our spring chinook fishery. There have already been some positive reports coming from the Gulf Islands over the last couple weeks.

Extraordinary Fly-fishing for Sea Run Bull Trout

BOOK NOW FOR JUNE 2008
45 minutes from Vancouver is one of British Columbia’s best-kept secrets. The Upper Pitt River is located at the north end of Pitt Lake, North America’s only freshwater tidal lake. Each spring the Upper Pitt River receives thousands of Sea-run Bull trout heading back to their home waters in Garibaldi Park to spawn. Each high tide brings a fresh run of fish into the lower reaches of the Upper Pitt River. We begin targeting this bright chrome fish in mid May with fantastic fishing opportunities through June until mid to late July. Some of the best fishing occurs between May 21 to Jun 31. These fish reach as much as 14 lbs with an average size of 4 to 8 lbs. incredible action on the fly and light spinning tackle. We are now booking for our May – June 2008 Sea-run Bull Trout Fishery. This trip is limited to 2 boats per day so book now for best dates.

To Book Your next guided adventure, call us Toll Free 1-866-771-3474

Remember to conserve your catch
Tight Lines and we will see you on the water
Vic Carrao
www.guidebc.com
[email protected]
604- 671-FISH ( 3474)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.