BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roughingminor said:
Looks cool. Downloading now.

For those unfamiliar with .torrent files and how they work, take a look at some instructions here:

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/1.html

It's a bit tough to get used to, but it's great once you do.
Yes, this website is very cool. It takes such a short time to download a clip compare with the speed that i download my music. This website also contain some instruction on the how you can download.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
WARNING---THREAD HIJACK & A RANT

Be careful when downloading .torrents (especially if you're on Shaw Internet). I recently downloade 45Gb worth and received an email from Shaw to all my email addresses (wife, kids, etc) saying I had downloaded an amount which exceeded my quota....I called BS and called them, as per the instructions in their email.

The girl on the other end said I had exceeded my download quota, which she stated was 20Gb. I told her I had Shaw Highspeed which allowed me to download 60Gb/month. She looked up my account and told me that I had what's called Shaw Highspeed LIGHT, which is has a maximum download of 20Gb/month. When I explained to her the difference in price between Light and Regular and that my bill reflected that I was paying for Regular, the phone suddenly got quiet. She asked if she could put me on hold, to which I agreed and 2 or 3 minutes later a very nice Gentleman by the name of John came on the phone, explained that they had made a huge mistake and that I would be receiving Shaw Extreme for the next 2 years FREE as their compensation to me....apparently I had been paying the higher price for the lesseR speed for quite awhile.

So, the lesson of this story is, don't exceed your download quota on Shaw Internet

WARNING AND RANT COMPLETE :)

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roughingminor said:
Crappy for me. I got the file but my computer is nowhere near being able to play it. The 1080p format is way more than my 4 year old mac can handle. Time to upgrade I guess.
My computer is one year old, and i couldnt even watch the 1080P. However, the 720P play smoothly

· Registered
149 Posts
but downloading 1.8 gb for a 28 mins show is just too much. The usual dvdrip is about 700 mb for 1 hour or so which almost have same quality.

x264 + HD = weird

1 suggestion : make file smaller will appeal for more audiences

my 2 cents

· Registered
1,484 Posts
testo84 said:
The usual dvdrip is about 700 mb for 1 hour or so which almost have same quality.
Actually a DVD rip will be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 7-9 Gb, unless it's converted to a different format (.avi, .mpeg, etc). Converting it to a different format results in a loss of quality (although most times, not noticeable)

· Registered
260 Posts
If you can get your machine to play the shows they are worth watching.

The other option is to convert them to a format that will allow you to play them on your DVD player.

I think Prof wrote about this awhile back regarding 'Angler's Art' a fly tying show from down south.

Prof, any suggestions?

· Registered
584 Posts
Those guys are great...we set them up with their wolly. For those having trouble with the HD try VLC it is a free player that does a great job without crashing the system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.