BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents, Since I'll only have your attention for a very brief period i'll keep this to the point.

I moved here Dec 2012 from Calgary. Grew up on the plains 3 hrs east of that. I love the water even though it was always so far away. I grew up fishing fresh water from local reservoirs for yucky rainbows, to walleye at the family cabin at Moose Lake in Northern AB. I have only ever been salt fishing twice. Once in sooke many years ago and once in Australia. Needless to say I am an open vessel for helpful tips and tricks.

I bought a 14ft Princecraft.. nothing special, but its primary intent is to be mobile for inland adventures and hopefully get me out on those nice days on protected salt waters for some b bouncing, maybe some salmon and hopefully some crabbing. Maybe all your best advice will be for me to buy a bigger boat before getting it salty, and if thats your advice please tell me.

All the best and I hope this forum turns out to be helpful. It sure seems like there is a lot of salt and freshwater knowledge on here.

Cheers

thesweetsalt

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome bc is a oasis for fishing , there is plenty of beauty's to catch here and once you get a good day on the chuck your gunna be hooked or at least I was .

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Welcome. Noticed you were up on Pitt Lake in your new boat. Be warned it can get pretty windy and bumpy out there especially up round the corner.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Welcome to BCFR. You will like it here. Tons of useful information and an awesome bunch of people to share with. If ur looking for info there is the search box and if u cant find what ur looking for post up. Im sure someone here will be able to help ya out. Good luck out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts