BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Missinglink posted about "where to go on Friday"......not sure if people know but it is supposed to blow up pretty good this afternoon coming down the "Salish Sea" ::)

Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo (from Environment Canada)

Winds
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 August 2008

Today Tonight and Saturday

Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southerly 10 to 15 early this afternoon then increasing to westerly 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind veering to northwesterly 20 to 30 after midnight then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Saturday morning.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FISHABETH said:
Pippen could you post the link to the site where you get your wind-warnings. thanks so much ><)))))*>
Fishabeth.....I am sure there are others out there but this an old standby that I use.

This is the "main" marine forecast page....and you will see you can just click on the area of interest.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/index_e.html

Here is more detailed to the "southern coast"...and you can get more detailed as you cursor over the "region" and click for detailed reports.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/region_e.html?mapID=03

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey Pippen,
have you seen where Evironment Canada put the wind speed for specific weather station? They use to have it nice adn easy to find but I've searched everywhere and I can't find it.

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigjay said:
Hey Pippen,
have you seen where Evironment Canada put the wind speed for specific weather station? They use to have it nice adn easy to find but I've searched everywhere and I can't find it.

Thanks Jason

Jay....here is a map with the stations and their specific data. Click and it will take you to the "specifics" for each station. To get to the "page"....when you are on the "Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo" page....click on the tab for "Weather Conditions". :peace:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/weatherConditions_e.html?mapID=03&siteID=14305

For others who are looking for weather stations from Vancouver up to Bella Bella....try this page; it has em' all.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/weatherConditions_e.html?mapID=02&siteID=15300

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went out there on the straight on days the forcast was strong winds and once out thee, the sea was extremely calm....

Depending where you go, the best thing to do it to get a local weather station, Point roberts has a good one for example and you will get real data live time info...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys... my crew is thinking to head out tomorrow... (with out me! as i've got an Open Hou$e)
But seeing how my Bayliner Bow-rider is exactly that... i wanted to give them the heads up.
Gracias...guys - sailflow.com seems pretty detailed.
Anyways, all i know is i don't like to be out there in a craft warning...

·
Registered
224 Posts
just got back from four days on the west coast (ucluelet). we had 15' rollers that were supposed to get bigger on the weekend. btw, the fishing was the worst i have ever experienced there. and the island west resort has turned into the biggest dump you could imagine. i will be looking for a new place to stay next year.

dinsdale.

·
Registered
770 Posts
FISHABETH said:
i convinced "my crew" to heed the warning... anyone actually head out there today? Curious to know what it might have been like. CHEERs. - Elizabeth
It was fine. About a 3 foot moderate swell..that was it.....no complaints..unless you turned into a green martian! LOL.

Fish are around too! ;) Just make sure that when you catch them, you stay OFF the radio or you'll have 100000000000000000 boats headed your way. ::)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.