BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been touched on before regarding the affects on game activity but what
about the hunter? I took one look at that moon last night and couldn't sleep a wink. :wallbash:
There seems to be a "quickening" of sorts if anyone had heard this expression before with a lightening
of spirits and increase of activities. Including fishing :happy:

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know it makes for a real crappy hunting time in september. Whent he temperature is this warm the game hides all day and moves only at night. i.e yesterday some movement in the morning then nothing until dark then the party started and deer were everwhere and not a shot to take! Something about a rule that I can't use a spot light to hunt...i tell ya it would make things a lot easier in the dark if I could see them real good.....(sarcasm for those who missed it) :happy:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the harvest moon is the one we will see around thanksgiving. I am not sure on this though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
2 days ago, walking back int he dark from fishing, the moon was casting shadows behind me and my friend...It was just like a cloudy day pretty much :happy:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
ill be out the saturday and sunday before that, so good for me. Oh and like said before, when hunting, if u have a full moon, the deer are active early and late, during the middle of the day, u gotta still hunt into their bed, forget house, u need to be right on them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
marko said:
It is the first full moon closet to the equnox which is Sept 22, 15:40.

......Yes that is the Harvest moon.

Marko
Thanks Marko,
After I made the post I looked it up. You beat me to it.
With the full moon this week the tides are about 6'. Maybe that'll get the Sturgeon on the bite! :thumbup:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Here's a old local wise tale, never really put it to the test. The sturgeon go in to some kind of feeding and weird behavioral mood during the last full moon of the summer. If your camped out on the river it is supposed to be just crazy out there at night, with the fish floppin around, and the bite is supposed to be extremely hot.
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Crazy Drifter said:
Here's a old local wise tale, never really put it to the test. The sturgeon go in to some kind of feeding and weird behavioral mood during the last full moon of the summer. If your camped out on the river it is supposed to be just crazy out there at night, with the fish floppin around, and the bite is supposed to be extremely hot.
Crazy D
was out yesterday looking for sturgeon, and found that everyone seemed to be having trouble getting the fish to bite. maybe they feed heavy at night and lay low during the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.