BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Allright im deffinatly going to hit up the fraser this sunday or the vedder i dono. I want to catch my self my first salmon and want to know from all of you where i would go to do this.

I will be shorefishing

What should i use 9' leader with a green corkie and wool ? with a bb

Thx all

Jamie

· Registered
4 Posts
sockeye numbers??

With all the hip about a great return........... it seems most of us have not had too much success this year. We are out often and have found the numbers of fishermen or women out number the numbers of fish caught. We have had some luck but feel we have been lucky. We have not seen them jumping like normal and our prediction is the main run is still to come. Later than our normal late July early August.

The Fraser river was alot higher than normal later this year even though the reports said the river was a low level. We could not get on the bars well after our normal time, so hopefully this is the reason for the late entery of sockeye.

It always amazes me to see the Natives and you hear of the confrontations with the recreational fishermen, but yesterday in the area we fished the Natives where drift netting and I felt they tried to accomodate us all. Drifting their nets above the rec. fishermen and on the reteaving of their nets came down but stayed away from the rec. fishermen as much as they could. Hats off to the co operation.
They did not have large numbers of fish either, but some where getting through.

Did anyone else see any great numbers of sockeye in any parts of the Fraser?
We have fished the peg leg area and usually you see the crowds and the gong show but not the case this season so far. Not the numbers of fish and so far it has been very enjoyable and all people seem to be getting along without any problems.
A few fish caught would make our outings more enjoyable but you can't beat the weather and the or match experience of a day on the river any where in the world.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats true , when i was heading into chilliwack a few tims from my campsite i went over this bridge were i could look out onto the water and i saw quite a few netters. I think thins should be banned because it makes us fishers angry and now there will be less to catch.

G

·
pegleg, spring bar,laidlaw,st elmos, scale, herling, pipeline, camp hope, gill road, hunter creek
take your pick, all walk in bars, good luck with teh crowds tho

· Registered
736 Posts
Been out 7 times for Spring, landed 8. Been out 6 times for Sockeye, brought home 12. There are a lot of fish out there, you just have to be patient. The Vedder is a bit late for catching a spring that you could be happy about. Hit the Fraser. I might want to try Seabird Bar. Hit the Number 7 , just past Agassi, then go until you see about 200 cars. :shock: That is Seabird after a nice long walk over a dried up river bed. It isn't that bad though. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.