BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been an avid fisherman for about the last 4 or 5 years with my kids...they are getting old enough to pretty much take care of themselves now when out there. So I bought a fly rod, gonna try that now. I went out with a buddy and got the jist of it with his rod, now gonna try it for myself.... anyone point me to an internet how to? Any tips?

·
Registered
875 Posts
SWEEEEEETTT!!!!! Im going to the Deschutes at the end of July for 5 days, that would be wicked to get into some summer Steelies, didnt even know they had them... Now Im even more pumped than before when I thought they just had trout and a few salmon :happy: :happy: Thanks Britguy!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
overthetop said:
So I have been an avid fisherman for about the last 4 or 5 years with my kids...they are getting old enough to pretty much take care of themselves now when out there. So I bought a fly rod, gonna try that now. I went out with a buddy and got the jist of it with his rod, now gonna try it for myself.... anyone point me to an internet how to? Any tips?
ok, this is not what you asked for, but I need to tell you thissince I was at the same stage just few months ago:
if you take one day class for casting and other basic skills, I can tell you save a lot of time reading (time that you can spend fishing instead), and you start enjoying the fly fishing sooner. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.