BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here ever fished Gold Creek in Allouette? Drove by there today and man the water is in beautiful shape for fishing. I'm thinkin there has gotta be some fair sized trout in there. Any info would be great :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw Gold creek for the first time yesterday myself and wondered the same thing. There are some nice runs/ pools along its length from the falls to the lake. I'm sure the odd dolly makes its way in there but I didn't see any signs of activity during our hike. Assembled the 4-wt for a quick experiment but I had no takers in the hour or so I tried. Mostly nymphed some pheasant tails and black ants through the seams. Perhaps the creek has similar low nutrient properties like Allouette itself and therefore a poor host for life? Let me know if you ever give it a try b/c I was surprised not to have picked up the odd little cutty.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
That water is so crystal clear those fish can see what type of knot and how many times
you wrapped the hook....Great place to snorcle and look at fish....Marko

G

·
use a jig in the pools by the mouth of the lake jig it near the bottem use to get lots of bows out of it that way under the bridge worms get u pan size fish never got any dollies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts