BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading to campbell river this thursday morning, is anyone from there going out there , and wouldnt mind taking me with them.. let me know i would like to give this river a try Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Freak, did you make it over? If so how did you make out? Thinking about getting a hall pass and head there one day soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not trying to steal your post, but I just got back from Gold River last night. We drove up fromVictoria Thursday morning. When we arrived, it was cold and clear. The first day we mainly reconoitered some spots, but still managed a couple of good fish.
Friday arrived really cold and clear. I had a 5 fish day and my partner managed a couple also. Fish ranged from 10 to 13 lbs.
Saturday was warmer, just above freezing with consistant rain. We only had 2 hours to fish before going back. Once again, we each managed some nice fish. The best of the day was my last one, a 38 inch doe. We hit snow 5 km out of Gold River on the drive out, that lasted till the outskirts of Campbell River. Driving was lousy as there was a lot of black ice under the snow. Still made the trip worthwhile. We will be back to try it again in the future.

·
Registered
648 Posts
returns seem to be up all over, but you would have to think that allowing that f$%#ing whale to live at the mouth of the river had some serious immediate, and long term consequences for the Gold.What do you think was the whale's main food source all winter???

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah the amount of fish that went missing coincides with what it takes for a whale to survive.My first thought when it died was that the steelie run will come back. I hope it comes back to as strong as in the past.

Hotrod

·
Registered
98 Posts
was up couple weeks back between 2 of us we hooked 10 tailing 7 and losing 3 water was up nice but dropping quick snowed like crazy the whole time , really nice for stealheading as usual you do have to work for them hoping to get back later this month or early April last year thee was good late run of winters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts