BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
what the??

where did you get into a monster carp like that ??

i have always wanted to try carp fishing i hear they have a huge bang for the buck on 'em

any info appreciated

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've caught carp on my 4wt flyrod...and they definitely give you a run for your money. They're not easy to catch on the fly, and their soft mouths make landing one tricky...if only they looked better, I might be targetting them more often. :?

D

·
0 Posts
do you eat carp ? it looks wierd !what does it taste like ? central park in burnaby has big carp in it and big koy :?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The Chinese eat carp...but even though I'm half Chinese I have yet to taste one. From what I've heard, carp have very bland tasting white meat.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I have to admit, carp are a very under rated sport fish. I wouldn't concider eating one, but man do they put up a good fight...I used to fish them in the local sloughs as a kid on light spinning gear...Good times.. :) A few years back I got the chance to battle the big boys in the Trent Canal in Onterrible...Talk about pure power when they get to that 30+ range. :shock: At that size it's nothing for them to run. off a 100 yards of line.

Finder :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts