BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a good (and cheap ;)) marine supply store for vinyl flooring, canvas, fasteners, epoxy etc. etc.

I feel a new project coming on ;D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Steveston Marine might be a good place to try....when they have sales on anyways...I know Cabella's has a bunch of boat supplies...but I do not know what it would cost to get it up here...although I hear that cabella's is expanding and putting a store in washington soon....and if your into good used stuff...call around to all the boat shops, and ask what they have...as time to time these shops get the "bottom of the river" mishaps in...and there is enough supplies to go around....from floors, windows, motors etc....

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Steelie Trav

Check Home Depot for the vinyl flooring the quite often have it in bulk rolls in several colours

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys

With the regular prices of boat supplies this project will get quite costly.

Anyone know of a good place for canvas, bulk, for a boat top?

I will also add that if you are interested in some marine vinyl for seats check out fabricland.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this topic but I have a question as well. So how much am I going to be spending to get side panels put on my boat top? I have the canvas top already just wondering what it costs to get the sides put on. I know I could just call teh company but I am not getting it done for a couple months.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'll take Nikka's over Steveston Marine anyday. Although Steveston may have more selection, the service I received from them was horrible. I went looking to spend over $1000 on hardware and electronics one time and was completely ignored even after asking for help. After waiting for 20 minutes I went across the street and paid the same price and had much better service.

Its Nikka for me over Steveston marine. In fact I won't even go there anymore.

·
Registered
423 Posts
pumpingIron , side curtains depend on where you go, alot of the places are really busy right now due to ivers boat tops is on holidays. you will be looking between 300-500 for sides, Rams does a nice job and is usually quite a bit cheaper. if you want the best I would suggest Valley Custon Coverstheyre in Chilliwack but they are the best.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tnt, what would you say a whole new 1/2 top would be....16fter w/walkthrough windsheild?

·
Registered
423 Posts
due to the lack of cover guys right now they are charging a mint, I think a folding top with drop down and side curtains will be close to 1500.00.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tntmarine said:
due to the lack of cover guys right now they are charging a mint, I think a folding top with drop down and side curtains will be close to 1500.00.
Well I think I'll be doing it myself then, thanks for the info! Material for that project would only run into the 200-300 range max.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is an online site for boating materials like canvas, vinyl flooring, fasteners and boat top accessories.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com

I have spoken with one of their sales reps on the phone and they seems very knowledgeable. Plus the price of coastguard marine canvas (equivalent to Sunbrella Fabric, manufactured by same company I was told) runs at $6.88 per yard (60" wide) compared to the price of sunbrella fabric here at $40 per yard. They also sell black or grey vinyl flooring at $3.95 per yard (60" wide). If you need material for a boat top or floor this place rocks for price.

The only downside is they are located in Minneapolis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts