BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I live in N. Vancouver and have tried Ambleside in W. Van a couple of times for salmon, but got schneidered (caught nothing) both times. I don't have a car and am wondering if there are any other good places to fish from shore (for salmon--or any other species--I'm getting desparate at this point for anything after having caught nothing in 14 consecutive outings so far this season) in and around Vancouver?

Any advice is appreciated, help me break my losing streak! :eek:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well, with a name like Lefty Kreh I'll asume you're fly fishing 'c uz you haven't givin much other info.
How do you fish this area? or how do want to fish this area?
Timing is everthing, my last several outings have been pretty much practice on the beach but they are there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Lefty,

It would help a lot if you gave a little more information on how your fishing. The beach's of North and West van have fish, its just a matter of pinning them down. I would also assume that you are fly fishing, what line are you using? what type of water are you fishing? I have found generally a slime line, with a lightly weighted fly does the trick in most spots, and if you have fished a piece of water, and there has been no action, try letting your fly really settle, and crawl it along the bottom, you'll pick SOMETHING up, wether a flounder, cabezon, bullhead what have you. I would just keep at it, and do some exploring. I was at ambleside today, and there are schools of fry everywere, so fish something small, shiny and dark and you'll pick something up.

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts