BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys me again :peace:
just wondering if anybodies been up to any of these lakes recently, I will be going up to one of them this Wednesday and will post a report, on this thread, and (if I can figure it out :p) pictures...with lots of fish in them :happy:
also any info on some other lakes within half an hour of Vernon and what flies are hot presentations etc.

Cheer's :cheers:
PS...I am talking about the same trip as I was in the last thread I just thought that seeing the names of the lake I decided to go to would stir somebodies memory I'll post A report tommorow :happy:

· Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

can I ask if you are talking about Goose lake that is like 5-10mins from Vernon on the hill between Swan lake and Okanagan lake? If yes I'd love to know if you have caught there?

Although I have a feeling you are talking about a different lake.

cheers,

Paul.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey guys sorry for the late report but I've been really busy the past few days and haven't had enough time to post a report...not that theres much to report :p
we ended up heading to goose lake (the one right near Vernon) and we got there and started down the 100m trail, with barbed wire on both sides, to the lake and we notic a big sign saying
                                  "PRIVATE PROPERTY NO TRESSPASSING
                              PROPERTY OF NORTH OKANAGAN iNDIAN BAND"  :-[
I guess a little more research was in order ::)
not that it really mattered the lake was auful looking. it was about 4 feet lower than normal (you could see the water marks) and the main creek into the lake was all but non-existent (dry) :-\
I don't see how a fish could live in a lake like that
so anyways since we didn't have the boat with us we decided to try Nicklen lake and we got half way up and had to turn around because the road had turned into one long mud puddle and it was impossible to drive
oh well...cheers to new discoveries :beerchug:

cheers :cheers:

· Registered
166 Posts
Other lakes you could try in that area of being 1 hour from Vernon would be Becker Lake or King Edward Lake. Probably would need a boat or float tube for Becker to get out to some of the prime Brook trout spots, but on King Edward there are spots you can walk to , and either spin cast or fly fish for the trout.

· Registered
461 Posts
Fished Wood lake yesterday. Awesome weather, Its been sweating hot on the water up here. Caught 7 Kokanee in Wood, yesterday. 3 were 12 inchers 4 were pound and a halfers. Kept a few to eat, released the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.