BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Grassy Bar for a couple hours, got there around 10 lots of guys around, as we crossed two boats had fish on, both landed, we found our spot near the mid section. Couple boats we into more fish soon after, we got skunked, however i did manage to hook into one, although for a min only, just enough to feel the head shake, anyways we stayed about 3.5 hours and saw 5 or 6 fish taken.
By the way hey Bergler if you read this, was that you who showed up around 1'ish at grassy with the brand new white North River, I was the small red boat with silver stripes, I tried to get your attention as I wanted to "blessin" the new baby with a new decal.
Water was high but very fishable, launching is a little tricky in places right now too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Were you fishing from your boat? If you were, were there people fishing from the shore? I assume they were springs being caught. I Gotta get out!!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
HAHA thats funny you say that Mike

seeing as most people BAR FISH the early reds coming up the fraser no matter what bar they are on

spin 'n' glows seem to key them in better in the high water

Hey ROSCO

when ya taking out my old man and I for some springs he mentioned you wanted to this sunday. let me know buddy

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You may think it's funny Hook ........ but it is true ....... 90% of the people do bottom bounce when fishing at Grassy Bar.

That's why I drive my boat right by ..... reasons: ....... I bar fish and you can't do both in peace when people are bottom bouncing ....... there are many enjoyable spots on the river where I can fish in peace ...... it's usually a meat fishing gong show there one boat lined up one after another ...

Enough said.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hook any time you or your dad wanna head out on the boat just let me know anytime. Everyone was bouncing, I originally wanted to bar fish but no room so I bounced with the rest as Bowmans was still way too high, all the fish were in the 20's range with the exception of the guy in the little 10 foot alumi who hooked a nice one, jumped a few times, he finally drifted way down past gilligan's and out of sight, I was using both 3's and 4's both seemed to bounce about the same, almost all the fish were hooked fairly close to shore as well, no long bombers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
saw a few come out of there today (Wednesday). watched one get reeled in just as we arrived.. it was a good sign I thought.... i got skunked. But thats ok.. there is always next time.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Rosco how bout on the July long

are you too busy that weekend to hit the river

I'll have a friend of mine from the island here (hopefully) i told her i would take her out fishing one day on the long. I was just going to hit the Vedder but that might be a little early still

my dad should also be available to hit the flow then too (hopefully) ha ha ha

just let me know

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good numbers comin out of there this week, went out twice on the weekend and got 2. Heading out tomorrow,
See ya on the weekend hook.

G

·
0 Posts
I was bar fishing yesterday and lost a 15-20lb chrome sprang on shore

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
57 Posts
Question, I wanna know like how to rig a very successfull bb'ing rig up could any1 give me the spicifics? probabaly gunna be fishing scale or any other bar from land.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3 way swivel tied to main, betty on the bottom, attach leader off to the side swivel and there ya go. I use a 2/0 hook with very small bead followed by small corky, with or without wool doesn't seem to matter.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
went out today was pretty slow, gonna try again saturday with hook and wagonmaster

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
CAN'T WAIT ROSCO

I NEED FISHING IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH SINCE I HAVE FISHED

I WANNA CRY FROM WITHDRAWALS

ha ha ha ha ha

HOOK

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was at grassy yesterday for a few hours, neither me or my friend caught anything but we did see people catching and fighting a few fish. I've never seen so many mosquitos in my life. Once that sun goes down it gets bad. :shock:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts