BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like this seasons gravel removal is in full swing and it appears that approx 100,000 cu meters of material is being removed from Keith Wilson, Salad, Greendale, Community and Yarrow bars. I was crossing the rail bridge today and noticed a lone sockeye swimming about. I'm thinking the city should have held off just a little longer before letting the guys go in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My guess is that it has to be done at low water, before any freshets. And because of the low water, there should be few fish to disturb. Once water levels come up, the river will be full of fish.
My question would be, why does the river need dredging, at all?

Dinsdale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a couple reasons. One is to supply the City Works with gravel which they either use or sell and to prevent flooding. Seeing we live right next to the river it's hard for me to argue against the second point.

·
Registered
210 Posts
vedder river flooding

i have my trailer at the vedder river campground which is just across from lickman. i wish they would dredge in front of the campground as there is a potential of a flood each year. since i have been there 20 years the campground has flooded 3 times. once there was 4 ft of water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts