BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my son took me sturgeon fishing on Sunday Oct 18th(Langley)
Great sunny day--no kiddin for October
Caught my first ever sturgeon, I think 5 feet kid says 4 feet --big fish good fight for my first. Gonna take weeks to get smile off my face.
Tied up and fished next to 2 other BCFR members the chat back and forth made for great way to fish and spend the day,,;laughs a ton,,,really nice folks,,can come fishing with me anytime, or is it I with them. Days like this really make you appreciate the great river/resourse we have an hour or less from our doors---we're so spoiled/lucky.
Gonna do this again for sure.
Next time gotta catch a spring 25lbs. plus(bucket list item)steelhead after that

Hey the salmon are running in the Serpentine river at the Tynehead hatchery in Surrey. They do a great job there put 250,000 smolts in the river last year,and need volunteers to help catch brood stock and feed and clean troughs-mow lawns fix stuff etc.year round-next bump of rain will bring Coho and Chinook. Call them 604-589-9127. You can meet me there. BSboy

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Always great to fish with such a great bunch! Even better watching a newbie catch his first :thumbup::thumbup: hope to see you out there again soon - but by the look of the smile on that face - Im sure we'll see you REAL SOON! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never take them off too old and fat to swim--although fat floats
Long way from Bronze medallion and Award of Merit life saving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts