BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up early and went to Spences Bridge yesterday to try for 'bows on the Thompson. All I can say is WOW! I was into over 20 fish, all beauties some over 24". There were some lunkers 30"+ hiding in the depths that came up to sniff my fly but thought better of it. That was the first time I had been there for trout but certainly not the last. What a great fishery and an awesome setting for it as well. Big dries were the go to stuff. Thanks to those who replied to my original post for the tips. It was one of those days where the fish were not picky at all, non stop action for several hours.:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did you see any sockeye on their way up?

Will the trout chase them for a a gourmet feeding of eggs in the fall?
Maybe this fall will be a great year to fish the Quesnel Lake tribs for trout using egg patterns.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
there are a few camp ground that would be nice to stay at over night so the drive doesn't feel so long..but if not worth the trip ,,beautiful river to fish..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw plenty of sockeye on their way upstream. Switched to an egg pattern for a few casts but the trout were only taking dries. The sockeye are only passing through, not spawning yet so the egg was a bad idea for this time of year. It was a long drive (3hrs) but well worth it. As I said before, the setting is amazing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
sounds like a great day trip. did you bring a camera along to take pictures of the scenery?
love to see some if you had. Im thinkin i would like to make a trip up that way sometime
i've never been there either

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.