BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
That is just a ridiculous idea. Not only are you polluting the waters you are fishing, but by the time you add up the cost of the lost sinkers over the years, you probably could have purchased a real downrigger. I hope they ban that product! :wallbash:

Rogue0412

· Registered
707 Posts
sinker releases have been used for many years in many different fisheries. This sort of product was used a fair bit for a while in the Queen Charlottes when guys were looking for line class record fish. Hook a monster on 4lb or 6lb and you would lose the 8oz weight and just figfht the fish. Les davis invented one that Luhr Jensen took to market a long time ago and it is still available today. He just has a cheaper priced idea.

· Registered
37 Posts
If you want to keep him (the guy selling the pieces of s$%t), click on one of the flagging options in the upper right hand corner of the craig's list add. I am pretty sure that when enough people flag the guy, the post is removed. Oh yeah, send him an [informative] email too.

· Registered
170 Posts
This type of setup has been around for years, I have some myself. You can use cement mix and a mould to make low impact sinkers. When you do hook a fish, you will have a more enjoyable experience without the weight. For the most part I prefer using a down rigger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.