BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the greatest rock band thread I thought I would start the greatest canuck thread. There have been some real great players to have worn the canuck jersey over the years but IMO only a few could qualify for this title. Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure, the two best players to ever where a canucks jersey at this time. What are your favorites?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would say Trevor Linden. He was our first million dollar player and he brought us to the promised land way back in '94. He brought a work ethic to the rink that was hard to follow with his bonecrushing forecheck. Even in his older years he still shows up more than any other player in the playoffs. Still even today ,while his 19 year career he shows the young bucks how to play playoff hockey. I just wish the rest of the team could step it up in the playoffs like he does. He doesn't score alot of goals then but he's an impact player and that's waht you need then. If Nazzy or the twins could step it up like he does we'd win alot more cups.

Linde hands down. Pavel a close second as he did the same as linden when it came playoff time.Too bad they got rid of him and not Messier.

Hotrod

·
Registered
886 Posts
I would have to say Cam Neely....Oh sorry he got traded....Bure by a long shot.... Trevor is a great leader though but not the best ever nuck... ;) just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
They'll retire his jersey after he retires! It's a gurantee! You know you are an all time great canuck when this happens. The most exciting player ever has to be Pavel Bure. You know when he got the puck the other team had a little fear from his speed and strength and you know he took no [email protected] from no one and payback was his specialty. What fun to watch him!

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Byre has to be the all time best. He had the most impact on the team of any player we have ever had. Luongo may one day take the title, but he hasn't contributed enough to the team to get the nod just yet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Greatest Canuck of all time eh?

Well...Trevor Linden has bled for this team for almost his whole career.
Stan Smyl also bled for this team. He, Rota, Snepsts and Brodeur carried the team on their backs during their improbable run to the finals in 82.
Pavel Bure was a sensational player who could break open a game at any minute with his puck skills,speed and toughness.
Roberto Luongo is the best goalie to play on the team since the beloved "Captain" Kirk McLean.

Perhaps this thread should be called "Favorite Greatest Canuck Of All Time"...because it's apparent that we have various opinions on this subject. Hehe!

My favorite Vancouver Canuck of all time is...#16.

Cheers! -Nathan in NW

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.