BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
this lake is on 100th ave in Surrey between 148&144 th streets if your on 100th you cant miss the turn into the parking lot. park and walk your a** down to the lake :thumbup: fishing can be great on some days and really tough or dismal on others, but thats fishing :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have not been there in about 6 years,but i believe there are no boats of any sort allowed on this puddle, just something to keep in mind. shore fishing only. i also believe that it is gear restricted somehow aswell.(no use of worms or some thing to that fact)check your regs.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
stsfisher said:
i have not been there in about 6 years,but i believe there are no boats of any sort allowed on this puddle, just something to keep in mind. shore fishing only. i also believe that it is gear restricted somehow aswell.(no use of worms or some thing to that fact)check your regs.
Yes no boats and you're not suppose to enter the water nor are any pets (dogs). There are signs posted at the lake that say something about no power bait or something I believe, I haven't been there for awhile either.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
it says "artificial bait/lures and worms only"(or something along those lines) is what the sign says. not sure if it says it on the actual park sign itself but there is a small plaque like sign on the dock like thing, not the best place if thats the only one saying this. most people that fish there use power bait or worms, or fly fishing is bcoming ever more popular :thumbup: and thats right not wading into the water AT ALL your not even allowed to put those radio controlled boats on the water :naughty: people let their dogs go in the water near the shore which none of us complain about because dogs need to have fun, however just remember that you can get ticketed for it so watch out for the ticket givers (think its parks and rec's that do this)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Yes it is in the middle of a city but you would not know it if you went there it is in an urban forest loaded with bald eagles. Hawks. Coyote and osprey. I've watched hook. Land fish after fish on more than one occasion in the past here. Ck

·
Registered
334 Posts
Beautiful beautiful (I can't say that enough) second growth forest in the middle of the city. Like CK said, you wouldn't know it.
I researched it a bit and it is a nice little lake. I'd post some pics that I found but they aren't mine. Apparantly some 8lbs have been or will be released into the lake. ;)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
My biggest rainbow out of this lake was my biggest ever a wopping 7lbs. Cought on bait on my first cast no more than half a min of being in the water. What a beauty!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Steelheadstalker said:
ah, it's in the middle of the city, with type A personality rules, aka: super anal. ok, i'll pass. way better fishing, in way nicer places. thanks anyways.
hey don't give up so quickly! I have been there today for the first time because hook and others suggested it. It is a lovely little lake. Beautiful place to get the wife reading as well :thumbup:. Go and have a look.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
517 Posts
I went there today. Again, a nice place. Flyfishing It would be helpful to get those extra feet if we were allowed to go in the water (especially for me :)) BUT IT IS NOT ALLOWED! :wallbash:

A lot of people casting far away from the shore got several catfishes (wit worms and powerbite), but not touts. I was told that the best time is early spring and the fall. I had fun though practicing my cast!!

Giuseppe

·
Registered
193 Posts
i am heading there tomorrow morning to practice my fly casting :thumbup:
was gonna go today but forgot about other plans that broke my day up too much,there are a lot of trails in the area for some good urban walking/hiking that take a good hour or so depending on how fast you walk to get around the park.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you are going there late and there are a lot of people around you, you could do what I did late this morning: practice your cast on the grass, there is a big field next to the lake with no people walking there. enjoy it!

G

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
if you fly fish in that field watch out for peoples dogs as they let them run off leash up there :beerchug: and make sure when fishing to look behind you before casting as people dont bother to watch alot of the time.

if you wanna try this lake at this time of year, I would try the last couple hours before dark and if you park OUTSIDE the gate then you can try a little into the dark which can be great with big leeches. however with this colder weather you might even hit some fish right in the afternoon :peace:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I agree with hook the last few hrs befor dark is best less people to worry bout and the fish activly feed on the surface. My go to flys are chronimids under an indicator and leaches as well as pumpkinheads worked well for me till the trout destroyed the last one I had. CK

·
Registered
193 Posts
well i gotta go to a 50th anniversary tomorrow so if im gonna do anything it has to be in the morning,dont much care about catching anything i just want to get a few hours shooting the line and honing my skills so i can concentrate on the catch (WHEN i get one) :wallbash:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.