BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So bored and this hot weather is almost to much but hey it's better than rain right? Gonna go to Green Timbers tonight and throw some hardware! Was there a few days ago and hooked a few trout about 11-12 inches taken on a one inch gibbs crock (rainbow trout colors) nice little scrappers took some pic's of the one i kept for dinner i'll post my little fish as soon as i get the rest of my pic's on to the comp so i can make an album on the gallery! lots of fish jumping while i was there on saturday!

C.K.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you were there on saturday CK

what time were you there?

i was there too for the last couple hours before dark. I was fly fishing and sitting in my chair in the somewhat of a cove over near the sandy spot on the other side from where you walk in.I had my roomie (girl) with me (not g/f) she was riding around on a bike partly though LOL

i kept getting hits on a black and silver ribbed ice cream cone choronomid but i just couldt hook one of them up so i tried the OLD FAITHFUL black spratly had lots of chaser bt they backed off to soon som ehit but ever so softly that night

maybe i should have stayed a little later but that lake is weird it gets pretty cold pretty fast and then you get to the parking lot and yuck it is hott again

what is with that ??????

good to know someone got some out of there

the best fishing i find is usually in the late evening in July and August cause the fish wait ALL DAY till it is cool enough to feed. they can get pretty f-ing aggressive then if you time it right

maybe I'll see you out there

HOOK

·
Banned
187 Posts
was there i guess last wednestday, and hook 2 on mepps spinner, this guy using power bait hook one of the mosters in that lake, must have been 9lbs and it snapped his 12 pound main :!: , im thinking of hitting it soon, if any want to meet up :?:

·
Registered
26 Posts
it sounds like a convenient place to visit on a summer evening plus if there is a playground near by I could bring the wife and kids along for a little semi-guilt free fishing

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Parbuster

sorry buddy there isnt a park there but there is however lots of trails to hike around in

maybe that could distract the "others" ha ha ha

HOOK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fished green timbers tonight for a few hrs tryed small spoons=nothing! tryed using a float and worm=catfish tryed worm on bottom=catfish now for what i understand green timbers is a man made lake no? what ever happened to only trout lakes with nothing but trout in them? i guess those days are gone?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Green Timbers is a NO POWERBAIT LAKE! The sign was torn down but if you look on the little dock has it on there.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry HOOK i muct have missed your post! saturday i was there as well i do recall ppl flyfishing while i was there! i fished right down from ya(too funny) well i've seen fly guys there almost everytime i've gone to the lake. you fish there much? maybe might learn to flyfish there! sip on a canadian?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts