BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 bags of various grouse feathers available to the first 2 "I'll take it's"

Very nice for soft hackles and many other trout fly tying applications.

Be good for an experienced and creative fly tier looking for some unusual tying materials to experiment with for the winter.

I will cover shipping.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First bag is yours Rick, PM me your address and I will ship them off, it will take a while as mail service is slow up here.

One bag left!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very cool Pat. I assume you're taking a few grouse for the supper table up there and it's awesome to see the feathers will take some new life forms! At work the other day i got a call regarding a barred owl hitting a transformer. The owl was killed instantly....he even had a dead rat still firmly clutched in it's talons. Anyway, I managed to strip some of the 'useful' feathers off of him and have tied up some muddlers with barred owl feather for the wing section. Know of any patterns that call for rat fur? ha ha. Take 'er easy bud.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bet Dave we have been having some very nice grouse meals. Combine that with pike, rainbow and moose we have not been buying any commercial meat at all. Too bad about the owl but must be some very nice feathers there.

Typhoon and Oakey I have been seeing some ptarmagin around so I want to bag a few of those to put in your feather packs if possible, I will send them off when I am satisfied with the mix of feathers I have for you guys.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My lack of edu-ma-cation is showing!

I have access to lots of grouse feathers from every trip I go on.... Let me know, going ahead, (read as season is basically done here!) if anyone wants me to save them some next fall and what type of feathers (tail, wing, chest?) and I will save them for whomever!

Mike
:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts