BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The photo of the week shows pro fishing guide Rob Vodola and his friend Rod Pelley hockey player with the New Jersey Devils and a nice fresh Kitimat River Chinook Salmon landed this year. Last year I shot a video clip of Rod landing a nice ocean Chinook. Video Clip 0003 (NHL New Jersey Devils centre Rod Pelley) Kitimat BC is Rod’s hometown and he tries to spend at least a couple of weeks here in the summer. While here Rod does his best to help raise some money for local charities. Good for you Rod and thank you.

================================
Noel Gyger – Guided Fishing Adventures and Weekly Fishing Report
4012 Best Street, Terrace BC V8G 5R8, Canada
Tel/Fax: (250) 635-2568
Cell: (250) 631-2678
E-mail: [email protected]
Home Page: www.noelgyger.ca
Fishing Reports: www.noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm
RECORD SALMON & STEELHEAD Spin or fly-fishing
RIVER, LAKE, STREAM or OCEAN!!!
================================

Home Page: www.noelgyger.ca

Noel Gyger - WEEKLY FISHING REPORT dated July 6 – July 13, 2008 :happy:

Dear Fishing Friends:

SUMMARY: The weather remained cool all week. I don’t get to say this very often but all of the rivers are in excellent shape. The fishing has been excellent also. Fishermen have been having a ball catching both Chinook and Sockeye on the Skeena River. I have a report of the odd summer run Steelhead being caught also. The Kitimat River Chinook run remains strong and now the Pinks are showing up and are spread throughout the river. Be sure to check out the Ron Wakita detailed report below.

I hope you folks didn’t mind me sending out that mid week “New Bulletin” of the BIG fish Mr. Heinz Fuger caught on the Kitimat River. I did shoot a video of the action. For a direct link cast to: Video Clip 0007 (Ron Wakita and client Heinz with Kitimat River Chinook) New July 9/08

Speaking of video clips, I posted another one today. Ron Wakita of Reliable Guide and Charters had a plan: Let's go catch some Dungeness Crab in the Douglas Channel, cook them on the drift boat while we fish for Chinook (King) Salmon in the Kitimat River. GREAT plan, I said. I cut the video after the crab feast. We did hook into two Chinook but lost them both. We did land a Pink. Ron had gone 2 for 6 for Chinook when guiding two clients earlier in the day. For a direct link cast to: Video Clip 0003 Cooking Crab in Drift Boat New July 13/08

FISHING GUIDE REPORTS FOR THIS WEEK ARE FROM:

Ron Wakita
Mike Herzberg
Craig Murray
Dustin Kovacvich
Chad Black
Todd Haynes
Randy Marshall
Gill McKean

CURRENT REPORT and summary for Skeena and Tributaries:

TYPE OF FISH CAUGHT: Chinook, Sockeye, Pink and Trout for river. Chinook, Coho, Halibut, Bottom Fish and Crab for ocean.

Thank you for using barbless hooks.

FISHING THIS WEEK: ***EXCELLENT***

LARGEST FISH OF THE WEEK: Specie: 50-pound Chinook Where: Skeena River Angler: Kevin Bond

WEATHER: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thundershower later this afternoon. Fog patches early this morning. High 15. UV index 3 or moderate. Region normal: Max. Temp. 22 degrees C. Min. Temp. 11 degrees C. Sunrise 5:16 AM Sunset 10:04 PM

WEATHER REPORTS VIA TELEPHONE: Environment Canada taped messages constantly updated, giving current conditions and three-day forecasts. Terrace 250-635-4192 Kitimat 250-632-7864 Prince Rupert 250-627-1155 Smithers 250-847-1958.

For current Terrace weather information please cast on:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CABC0292.htm?ref=wxbtnold

WATER CONDITIONS: Skeena River is in good shape. Lower Kalum River is fishable. Most of the smaller coastal streams are in good shape.

CURRENT WATER HEIGHTS FOR:

SKEENA RIVER:
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp?stnid=08EF001

KITIMAT RIVER:
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp?stnid=08FF002

SKEENA RIVER: The water heights have been dropping all week. Fishing for Chinook and Sockeye are excellent. I also have reports of summer-run Steelhead being caught.

KALUM RIVER: The water in the low end is fishable and I have had reports of Chinook being caught.

This is a Classified River year round and can be guided from March 15 through October 15 only. The Steelhead record is 32-pounds. To see a photo of this fish cast to: http://noelgyger.ca/records/Record003.jpg The angler is Dennis Therrien.

KASIKS RIVER: It is now possible to fish for Chinook at the mouth, in the clean seam, where it joins the Skeena. Sometimes the Chinook come out of the Skeena and into the clean water in search for scent of their home river.

EXCHAMSIKS RIVER: Same as above, it is now possible to fish for Chinook in the clean seam.

EXSTEW RIVER: Same as above, it is now possible to fish for Chinook in the clean seam.

Note: the above three rivers are closed to angling for Chinook except at the very low end. Please check 2007 – 2009 BC Freshwater Salmon Supplement (fancy name for regulations) at: www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish for details.

ZYMOETZ (COPPER) RIVER: The water is clean and fishing at the mouth is excellent.

KINCOLITH RIVER: The Chinook have started to come in with the high tides. Fishing for them is only allowed below the bridge. This is tidal water so anglers must have a salt water license even though you are fishing in the river.

AREA RIVER RECORDS: Chinook Salmon: Skeena River, 92.5-pounds; Kalum River, 85-pounds; Kitimat River, 74-pounds; Steelhead: Skeena River, 45-pounds; Coho Salmon: Skeena River, 27-pounds.

CURRENT REPORT and summary for Northern Coastal Rivers:

GOOD LUCK and GOOD FISHING!

Yours sincerely,

Noel F. Gyger

Back to: http://noelgyger.ca/past-fishing-reports.htm

Home page: www.noelgyger.ca

[attachment deleted by admin] Expired

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.