BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pinks in the Harrison, above the train bridge yet? Also, I've heard that the river banks below the train bridge are off limits - I have asked permission to fish there in previous years and have never been refused by the First Nations folks that I have encountered. Not so this year? BTW, I'm new to the forum, enjoying the posts!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Frequant Flyer

i have fished down there a couple years when the pinks were in and have actually had the natives launch their boats right behind us and drive out and come between us when they returned after a day of netting, never had them say anything except ask how the fishing was going

we did have one guy sound a little snarky however he still didnt tell us to leave

just walk the **** down from the train tracks cause you cant drive through the reserve land unless you know someone that lives there

you should be fine I mean all they can do is ask you to leave

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Harrison run is later than most but fish moving up the Fraser will start entering the mouth around now - better action as the water gets a little lower towards the middle of next month

As far as access to the boat launch near the native reserve. I talked to some guys in 2005 who were told to leave the area and later when I was down there myself and there was a native commercial fishery going on one guy (of a large number) told me to get off "his reserve". I later called BC land Titles and they checked the detailed maps of their on line system They told me it appears the land from the top of the dike to the water's edge is public down to the rip rap at the mouth. The rip rap is native land.

I have talked to one or 2 other guys who have said they were threatened - in one case with a ceremonial spear - but many FN people are great practical jokers so they may have been having him on.

If you are bothered just tell them land Titles says the area below the dike is public and you're just there to fish and not bother anyone. If you feel threatened leave and call the police.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing your experiences folks. I agree with your summary Mickey Finn - if someone from FN objects, just leave, not worth a big scene and there is plenty of river to fish. BTW, with the Fraser closure does that affect the confluence of the Harrison where it meets the Fraser?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.