BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited, I am freakin out!

Last year I pooched out & got a smokin deal on a boat. ( 13.5 ft whaler clone, 50 hp Merc for $850.00 with trailer)

The other day I got a Sturgeon rod & reel used for $50.00 ( quantum iron 330 & 10 ft Shakespeare rod with braided line ).
All day fishing Tackle
This guy is awesome his Tackle shop is just up the road opposite the Lake Errock store

(Brad Anderson Lake Errock, BC (604) 826 - 2855 )

There is roe in the freezer & some pink salmon.

I am not ready to brave the Fraser as No knowledge of the river & no depth sounder.

The question is .

When does the Sturgeon fishery begin in the Harrison river?

What are the best spots on the Harrison river?

Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Now I'm no expert on strugeon in the Harrison, heck I'm not an expert on anything really, but there are sturgeon in the river pretty much all the time cruising to and fro. But there are more and the most action seems to be when the salmon are running up it. the Harrsion can be great, especially with how clear the water is. If your lucky enough to get one and then watch it rip under your boat it can be quit an experience. :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey Binky good scoop on the boat. the sturgy's are in the harrison year round I agree with eimaj if you are in a boat it is pretty neat seeing your fish down 10 ft below the boat circling. As far as hot spots on the harrison if I tell you I'll probably get blasted from other members about revealing secret spots but try above the bridge you'll have to figure out which one. Never rule out the mouth, but be careful near the confluence of the two rivers though it is some pretty growly water.
Crazy D 8)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I still remember trying to fish out of my 14ft flat bottom on the fraser seemed like a good idea until the anchor hooked-up and the frt. of the boat dipped to danger level. Managed to pull it back up and then went to slower moving waters but was encountered with another problem, once I hooked one I found me the motor and the weight of the relitively small sturgeon was a little excessive for the back of the boat. Now I just bug a friend to take me. And stick to flyfishing from the boat. :wink:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey uncle binky, send me a PM and I can give you some more details on locations, also are you on lake Erroch, just curious cause I got a place over there and also alot of friends. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts