BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some help on going down this river , i see jet boats hug the shore then cross over . so there must be deeper channels down this river , or should i follow one of the guide boats . i got grounded out last year and it was not fun ,any ideas out there.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
The Harrison River is a tricky run for sure. Try to do some research on the flow. There is definite
paths to follow with hidden hazards. When in doubt slow down and pole your way through.

I have run this system a few times now with little to no damage and had lots of fun, not to say
that the whole experience couldn't had gone south with one wrong turn.

Take care, go slow and enjoy...!!!

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Its an easy run right now as the water is high, but once the water shoots down in the late summer/fall it can be very dangerous!

just stay in the middle of the river the whole way down to the hwy bridge, when u first come out of the narrow passage and can first see the hwy bridge, you will see some log boom poles on the right side (no booms attached) stay to the left of them...do not and I mean do not travel to the other side of them as there is a shallow flat in there! just keep going straight...once you come to the kilby area stay on the right side of the booms by kilby rightt by the launch, go under the bridge and then your free to go anywhere u want as the river is very deep here....at the mouth I can only suggest to stay on the right side more as there is a gravel bar in the middle that people like to hit! But this is not until late summer or fall when the river goes down.

Good luck!

Mike <")))><

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.