BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for Sockeye in the Harrison(yes they are open for retention below Hwy 7 bridge)..
I caught a couple in the past few years unintentionally on the fly rod(only a 6 wt rod)...
Thinking of drifting a float with like steelie gear or coho setup with bright green lures or hoochies or ??????
Any suggestions,,,correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't remember sockeye retention in the Harrison in the recent past..Am I wrong or ???

· Registered
45 Posts
no. 2 red hook

down in the state (lake Washington) (snohomish river) theyt fish socks with simply a no. 2 Red hook behind a flasher or under a float. Sound crazy I know but they caught fish. try adding krill scent or gell to the hook. To fish like this the water is going to have to be pretty clear but that should not be an issue in the harrison.

· Registered
119 Posts
Re: no. 2 red hook

Bdk_wa said:
down in the state (lake Washington) (snohomish river) theyt fish socks with simply a no. 2 Red hook behind a flasher or under a float. Sound crazy I know but they caught fish. try adding krill scent or gell to the hook. To fish like this the water is going to have to be pretty clear but that should not be an issue in the harrison.
There are Sockeye in the Snohomish River? I know there are Sockeye in the Skagit and the Columbia, but I have never heard of Sockeye in the Snohomish.

· Registered
696 Posts
steve as far as I remember sock's have been ok from the bridge down, same as springs in the Harrison, they were open last year from bridge down. Last year was a record return of fish heading up the Harrison into weaver .

· Registered
17 Posts
If you're floating with steely gear try krill or small shrimp I've heard of people having great success in the Harrison with this, also saw this work in Yale Cr. a few years back honestly the guy was into a sock every cast we were using row floating and couldn't catch a sniff. In the Harrison try just above the big rock on the far west side at the mouth if you have a boat, excellent run for floating, good luck I'd sure like to see some sockeye beached that made a bad decission and actually bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.