BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thinking about going camping next weekend to sunrise lake up harrison - or another quiet lake not quite as tricky to access ( Not sure if that exists ).

Curious if i should pack rods for trout, or if its still too early in the season?

Thanks for your hints!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stone you must be on bc4x4 as well =)

and yup taking all 3 hondas - the truck and 2 dirt bikes !

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yup...I'm on BC4x4 as well.

Not sure about Sunrise...it's probably okay, but there's also that first lake right on the side of the road that you come to as you head up the FSR...forget its name at the moment.

Are you going with a bunch of people? I'm getting the hood on my truck Linex'ed on Friday, but Sat and Sun are open in my calendar (for now)...unless work calls me in for OT.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stone.

Here is what we are considering now.

Going up to the vicinity (harrison etc).

Finding an easily(ish) accessible lake and camping there.

Saturday morning making a run at the V-rock (after fishing!!) - with an empty truck, light load.. Do some dirt biking etc.

There are perhaps 7 of us going so feel free to drop by. Look for a ridgeline and an xterra, a few dirt bikes etc. My name is Alan :) I expect we'll be there friday->sunday. I'd love to take a look at your truck.

This lake sounds interesting. Are you mentioning it because its got decent trout ? I am going to be on a spin rod - the fly poles broke going into winter storage!! I will look up more info on surrounding lakes, I'll post what I find. Let me know if youc an find the name etc. Talk here.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stone - barring results on my quick call for opinions we're going to camp at wood lake, about 25km upt he harrison west FSR. That is close to a 4x4 obstacle we want to try, a FSR for dirt biking, and a lake

woot! love camping.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Alan:

I think that's the lake...it has a few small trout to be caught, but nothing spectacular as can be expected in an easily accessible lower mainland lake.

I'll see how my weekend goes...a couple of Cruisers might drop by and say hi and wheel with you guys. :)

Cheers.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure man. Sounds great. we'll be around in there somewhere.

Is weaver (in your opinion) worth tracking down the gate key to camp/fish at vs. wood lake ?

Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Stone,

Not sure if you came looking or not but Woods lake has a gate and it was locked. So we headed up further.. ended up descending down to Hale Creek and camping on the beach. Caught 1 trout about 1.5 lbs at sunrise lake during the day. We made it up there in a stock xterra. Tried it in the ridgeline, got to the 1 obstacle 20 ft below the v-rock and blew a stock tire. Had to hot-foot it back to camp to avoid a long walk down that hill. Next time aftermarket rubber and i'll try again :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Stone do you still have the Land Cruser with the snorkel? You posted some pix of it a few years back after I posted a story of drowning my Jeep at peg leg. Sure looks like a nice rig! Give us some eye candy man!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi Bucket:

I couldn't make it because my back has been giving me lots of trouble the past few weeks. It had gotten a little bit better, but has recently flared up again...bloody herniated disks. I've had to cancel my trip to Dragon already this year...hopefully won't have to cancel too many fishing/wheeling trips. Glad to hear you guys had some action. I've never actually fished Sunrise even though I've been up there a few times.

Bonanza:
Yup, that's my truck. Just picked up a pretty sweet military trailer for it yesterday. I've posted these pics at FishBC, don't know if you've seen them there. Cheers.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks good Stone, already got it pimped out with the TLCA sticker I see 8)

When are you going to paint your truck to match the trailer :p

-RC

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Chris said:
Thats a sweet trailer, but it has more aggressive tires than the cruiser does. :lol:
LOL...yeah, I know. I've got a set of 16x8 rims sitting on the shop floor that will see some new rubber in the future. Those 255/85r/16s that are on the truck now were bought when my budget was very limited. They're suprisingly decent tires for what they are, and with cable locking diffs front and rear I can get to plenty of places with those tame tires.

Mike: No camo for this truck...lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts