BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of one last kick at the steel can.....has anyone been up there over the past few days?? how is the water? clarity?

anyone???

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Was there today with Steelie trav, sporadic rain over the course of the morning didn't really affect the river, freezing level was fairly low and visibilty was excellent.

Visiblity through mid river continued to be good through most of the day, but towards the end, very heavy rain and runoff from various slides reduced visibilty to probably closer to 2 feet max.

We got into 3 fish total for us today, 2 were lost next to shore after great battles, 1 popped leader and 1 thrown hook...the third after a few headshakes! Oh well, dems da breaks...

Me thinks the river is blown now... :'(

(will have some pics of conditions here shortly...)

A beautiful morning...

Some of what was pouring into the river over the course of the day...

One productive spot...

More silt...

And finally...visibilty at Tamihi bridge at approx. 6 pm

Sorry...no fish pics today...maybe later I'll post a video displaying an effective way to lose a fish... ;)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Put it to you this way it's been pouring here since about 5:00 ish and has'nt let up yet :wallbash: I would expect she's pretty blown by now :peace:
Crazy D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
hunterJ & myself hit the river around the crossing on Thursday evening for an hour and didn't sniff a thing. We then fished three different locations on Friday am one below Tamahi and 2 above and caught absolutely nothing, except one very beautiful whitefish of around a pound, and a long line release of a dolly around 2-3 lbs. near Borden creek.....Very little fishing pressure....The river was coloring up pretty bad when we left at noon, but I think the upper section above Borden Creek would be fishable if the rains stay away .....That slide above Borden is a big contributor to the mud in the river. Vis from Tamahi down is under 2 feet...Ortho 8)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did go up today just to see.....well, blown out is an understatement.....looks like charlies chocolate factory has a new outlet at the base of the hatchery.....dont even bother!

·
Registered
419 Posts
It is almost easier to find the fish when the river is blown. That used to be one of my favorite times to fish. They'll be tucked in to the shoreline, hiding behind rocks etc. Where ever there's alot of rip rap or big boulders, side channels. I've caught plenty of big fish sitting in just a foot of water. Just because it's blown don't give up. Bigger, brighter, smellier, presentations will prove effective for this condition. :peace:

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
It is almost easier to find the fish when the river is blown.
If they are present and you don't mind using pink worms worms all day :thumbup: Will be a challenge.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I remember about 2 years ago fishing the runs up behind the prison,between the campground and cedar run the river was up the **** about a foot or so. Anyway in that section I landed 5 fish. Didn't cast more than 3 feet from shore. And all the fish tended to stay out of the strong current while fighting, it's like they knew if they run down they have to come back up.That is why I never turn around when I get there and the river is blown and I never check on the conditions before I go. I go to catch fish through hell and high water :happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts