BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of Driving up to the in-law's cabin next weekend and I've never fished that lake this time of year. I was wondering if anyone fish or have fished this lake before around this time of year. Any helpfull tips and info would be greatly appreciated. I'll be chuckin bugs preferably.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is close to Canim Beach Park. Are you talking about that one on top of the hill that needs 4wheeling to get to? I heard good stories about that one. What set-up is good there right now, Cyrus? And some hint-hint nudge-nudge on a few flies to take as well. Thanks.

· Registered
183 Posts
I think you are thinking of Greenlee Lake which would also be a good choice if you are looking for big trout, it is right off the highway and easy to find.....steep rocky climb, could be questionable if wet.....schoolhouse is a walk in lake in the area of Hawkins, I believe there is a sign but the best route would be to check the backroad map book or internet. It has been a few years since I have been there....it is about a 20 min walk. I last had success on green and egg sucking leeches, but that was in the spring, have never treid it in the fall. I was up in 100 Mile last weekend, water in the lakes I fished were quite cold and the wind was howling, made for tough fishing when in the float tube......

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I've been to Greenlee lake. It's that logging trail you take just off the mechanical dump. I believe this Lake I'm assuming of what Cyrus is talking about is the one about 5km. before you turn to go to Hawkins from the main road. I can't see it on Google Earth. But yes! Greenlee does offer great fishing as well as the lakes in the surrounding area. I just haven't fished any of these lakes around this time of year and don't know how to approach it rather than armed with informative write-ups on the web. I was hoping I could get a hint of what's working good currently this time of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.