BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only reason it is in "this forum" is I will be doing some "salty fishing" off the coast of Brisbane later next week and there is not a "Australian Fishing Forum" on here. :hmmm:

Flying to Sydney tonight....spending 4 leisurely days driving up to Brisbane/Stradbrook Island. Spend 4 days there for a wedding and on Oct. 6th I fly up to Cairns (which I understand is nothin' special). Not staying in Cairns but we are getting out and heading to this great lookin resort town called Palm Cove where I am hoping to get into some fishing as well. Will definitely take lots of pics where the rod gets "bent" or not. ;)

Hope some "fall fish" start to show up for you guys and I can come back to some great pics and reports. :peace:

·
Registered
784 Posts
black marlin on the fly!!! I visited aus about 5 years ago on a surfing trip and did some flyfishing around Fraser island, which if you have the time is an amazing place to visit. I didn't get into any fish but heard that it can be a fantastic place if you get the timing right. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

I have fished down there a couple of times. I think you are too early for Marlin as that is usually more Jan /Feb. Lots of fun fishing in the surf all up the coast from Brisbane especially if the tailor are in. Fraser Island is a neat place to visit. It is a sand island with a fresh water lake in the middle that is as clear as tap water. Worth a day trip as is a trip to snorkel on the great barrier reef. Should be a great trip and not too hot yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey pippen
have a good time down under. big jay may have some fishin tips for you as i know he fished down there.
Probably a whole different ball game so ya you better take some picks.

have fun and tip a four x for me

Morgano

P.S. I heard you may be able to catch some dingos by trolling around a baby

·
Registered
784 Posts
Montauk said:
Hi

I have fished down there a couple of times. I think you are too early for Marlin as that is usually more Jan /Feb. Lots of fun fishing in the surf all up the coast from Brisbane especially if the tailor are in. Fraser Island is a neat place to visit. It is a sand island with a fresh water lake in the middle that is as clear as tap water. Worth a day trip as is a trip to snorkel on the great barrier reef. Should be a great trip and not too hot yet.
Actually September is probably the best month to fish for juvenile black marlin on the fly. This is the time they are found in greatest numbers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.