BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first trip to the Merritt area for some 'bow fishing and I'm really excited. I chose Glimpse just because I've read some good things about it and it seems like a good place to start. Does anyone have any recent reports for that lake or maybe other spots in the Merritt/Princeton area that I should try? I'm driving a car so the roads can't be too hairy, but I'm willing to walk my belly boat in a reasonable distance in get into some fish. I promise I won't kill anything. Please PM me if you have any tips for Glimpse or anywhere else. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i live in merritt and got a number of lakes in the past 3 weeks in my new inflatable boat with my bro :happy: first place we went was glimpse because we knew it was a nice lake to catch big fish with a fly and we did. We used a olive green woolly bugger and got 3 1lb to 3 lb trout and had many more on. The best places to fish on glimpse is on the other side of the cabins. the first 3 coves (Merritt side) are where we got all the action. There is also Nicola which is really hot for kokanie right now. If u use a silver fly with a red or other bright color near the eye of the hook u will caught lots of fish. :thumbup:

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
have fun with the loons at glimpse, last time i was there the loons where very persistant. glimpse is a very nice lake that always seems to produce, but for me it only seems to produce on the troll of a olive green micro leach. tried anchoring in many spots and have had no luck, so when i go there i just keep moving. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.