BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm planning on taking my new 17' outboard to Island 22 tomorrow and was going to head down to Grassy Bar, or somewhere in that area.

I've never fished in that area before, so I'm looking for ideas and suggestions.

Can anyone suggest some other bars in the area?

What about leader length for bottom bouncing...what's the right length out there?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're serious? How the hell do you cast with a 12' leader???

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
with a fishing rod and reel!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, you're a riot...but you should consider get that midday drinking problem under control. :idea:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
what was that saying (milk does nothing for ya but beer does a boady good!

G

·
0 Posts
I use a 3 foot when targeting socks. Caught 1 spring that way too many years ago.....

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
28 Posts
I pull the leader line two arm spans ( across my chest)... 12ft? thats my leader length on the Fraser. cought everything that way.
Oh ya.. and as far as other bars.. forget it for now.. go to grassy.. the other ones are well under water.. was out on Wednesday.. very high water right now.. at the shore line of Grassy the depth was about 4 feet.. no shoreline to stand on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Lund...Obviously the leader length is up for some contraversy...ONE THING FORE SURE, make sure you get yourself several bouncin' betties of varying weights before you head out as it is easy to go through a few this time of year in unfamiliar waters...Good Luck... :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Was out yesterday exploring and fishing ..Looking for any new fishable spots.....
Grassi was producing some springs, you need a good anchor and some heavier weights..It looked like most were using 4 oz weights and almost everyone was bb'ing...
If you want to Bar fish from the boat try Wellington which is across from Garssi and upriver a ways(you'll see the boats)..
The river was producing several gaint trees complete with root balls yesterday. So.if you are anchored up, keep half an eye upriver for whatever is headed your way..
Pegleg is still completely underwater,but was afew FN drifting the channel for springs.They got 6 in the one drift we watched yesterday...
For those with smaller boats, be very careful as the river is still flowing very fast..Saw many people fishing from bows of smaller boats, balancing precariously and not wearing any PFD's..One wrong move and they're in the fast water(and its still dang cold)...
If you have your kids out this weekend, keep the PFD's on them even on shore..
We don't need to hear of any preventable accidents ....
Have fun , be safe and Wear your SUNSCREEN ....(I forgot mine yesterday,now I'm a complete REDNECK.. :roll: .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does Grassy bar have another name?
Trying to find it in book "Fishing Fever"
Have heard about this bar many times and this year may have way of getting to some new locations (new to me).
Thanks

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
What about leader length for bottom bouncing...what's the right length out there?
why don't you try bar fishing?

as for leader length, keep it reasonable please!

G

·
0 Posts
I like to BB when the river is muddy but when there is 10-12 inches of visiblility I will Bar Fish. Must Say it works just as well somedays others not. Its all about river vis., current, and finding the right trench. While bottom bouncing you just hit a flow and cast away.

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just cant bar fish.. for salmon.I cant stand the boredome. I learned that technique around 20 years ago, and I never cought anything that way. As a kid I fished in the ocean, then we moved closer to the valley my dad tought me how to river fish...bar fishing never did me any good.
When I bottom bounce I get far better results...
But when I fish for trout.. there is a similar technique to bar fishing that works very well. I use it all the time, unless trolling.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts