BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lucky enough to have next week off to go lake fishing. I'll try to get up country a bit further since i have the time but need suggestions. the old camper should be able to get in as long as its not too rough. Don't want to beat up the old gal, but she will traverse a few potholes to find a good spot.

Please give me some suggestions. I promise not to kill any of the fish, I just want to play with them.
:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard about Fawn Lake but I would need more info. sheridan is too big. I've got a little cartopper with electric motor so don't want to spend all day motoring back & forth to the "hot" fishing spots on the lake. I'm a bit of a chronomid fisher so am looking for decent action and the chance to catch a few decent sized ones too.

I'm also wondering how Roche is fishing. this season has me all screwed up with what to expect. used to be a great sedge hatch in mid June, but it still feels like early March

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you read the Fishin report, you'll probably get an idea about how Roche fished last week. In a nutshell...moody weather and moody fishing.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Fawn is a great little lake (32 hectares) that you can easily explore with the oars quite easily. It fishes well for chironomids, as well as the usuals, leech, spratly, sedge pupa, dragon fly nymph, damsels, etc. Has a campsite/resort at tne west en of the lake. Don't miss it. Can't be fishing worse than Roche.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fawn Lake is a wonderul spot. As mentioned there is the campsite but they also have (or use to have) some neat rustic cabins you can rent, right on the shore. If heading that way don't miss the Lone Butte pub on the way up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flyfisherb, did you end up at Fawn Lake and how did you do? We just got back from a week there and loved it even though the fishing was slow. it is just the right size lake for a small boat and I felt comfortable enough to go out on the lake without my husband. It was tough to control rod and inflatable boat in the wind that seemed to blow up every time I ventured out but I learned a lot. Experimented with chironomids and an indicator - could get hooked on that. We will be going back for a week in september and hope it will be cooler and more productive. Great little resort full of friendly fishing folks - no dirtbags on dirtbikes, no loud music- heaven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.