BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, part time fisherman......

Hey everyone, great site here! Just signed on, and could use a little help. I don't have a boat, since most of my fishing is done standing in the Veddar River with my buddies come fall, which is all I usually have time for.

But here's where I could use some help. My seven year old daughter has been bugging me to take her fishing, because she wants to learn how. I live in the Mission area, and we've tried Rolley Lake in the past, without much success. I want her to catch a fish, and get that exciting feeling. She's never really had that feeling before. And I think we all know how much fun it is to watch children catch their first fish. I want her to have that feeling as well.

Personally, I don't care how big the fish are, or if we catch and release. I just want her to catch a fish. So I'm wondering if there are any lakes or streams anyone could recommend in the lower mainland. I do have a 4x4 if it's necessary. And would like to be able to have her stand on the shore, and cast, with Dad's help of course. Also, if you could recommend any baits to use as well. Also which time of year is the best time to go to those spots, if there's any replies!

Thanks for your help, and look forward to reading the responses.[/list]

·
Registered
901 Posts
You got mail :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
To take the kids, there is no better place than Whonnock Lake. May, June, & July are good but August evenings are often the best. Make it simple bobber and worm or bobber and fly. Black Gnat, Doc Spratley, Coachman, Royal Coachman, Griffith Gnat all work good.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Mill Lake in Abby is another kid freindly destination you may want to look at. You can fish off the dock in the park...Worm and bobber is one of the more popular methods used here. Super simple tactics, and the fish usually aren't too picky. Public washrooms and a playground at the far end incase the interest teaters off a bit...

Finder :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just took my kids to the trout hatchery across the road from captain crunch. its pretty much a sure thing and its free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts