BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

1st timer here coming from Ontario this summer and we've got five days to ourselves before grandma and grandpa join us in Vancouver with the kids. We are arriving on the 26th of June and would be willing to drive up to 6 hours especially if the place is special. Cost is a factor but much more important is a beautiful setting and good to excellent fishing. My wife recently got into fishing and we spent a lovely week last summer together, I'd like to rekindle that magic. She only uses spin casting so that may limit choices. She doesn't like to troll and wouldn't be happy fishing for hours with nothing to show for it. We will fish for anything except bass which we can fish for anytime back home. She also likes creature comforts like running water and a toilet!

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time,:beerchug:

Chris

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay...after about 4 days of intensive research the lakes in the Vernon area look nice. What could be better then rainbow trout that one catches for one's dinner and beautiful scenery to boot? Looked at the Pitt River, that looks good too, even nicer scenery. My wife is happy with all of that.

But, then I got to thinking. I'd like a tussle but don't want it trolling for hours on the ocean, day in day out. River fishing but with fish a bit large then one would find in Pitt in late June. The Terrance area looks sweet. Even a small King caught in the river would put a smile on my face. :beerchug: Pricey to get there, but heck, how often am I getting to go to BC to fish? As they say, in for a penny in for a pound. Thoughts? Helpful suggestions? Downright rude but highly perceptive analysis of my assumptions? ;D

· Registered
1,199 Posts
scuro said:
She doesn't like to troll and wouldn't be happy fishing for hours with nothing to show for it. We will fish for anything except bass which we can fish for anytime back home. She also likes creature comforts like running water and a toilet!

Chris
No one really likes fishing for hours with out catching something - but that is why its called fishing - not catching - Just tell her what awesome arms she is going to have casting all day - lol Myself I would rather cast than just sit in a boat and troll also - cause at least its something to do :happy: Oh and one more thing - take a bucket - lol. ;)

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies to date. Still haven't booked, there are incredible amount of choices. I think we will be fishing for early summer Chinook run. The question now is what river? Should we travel some distance? Will we be fighting for a spot on the Fraser...will the Fraser run be down this year? Can you go further up the Fraser to get away from the maddening crowds? Or should I be looking up the coast for other other rivers.

· Registered
455 Posts
fishnfvr said:
scuro said:
She doesn't like to troll and wouldn't be happy fishing for hours with nothing to show for it. We will fish for anything except bass which we can fish for anytime back home. She also likes creature comforts like running water and a toilet!

Chris
No one really likes fishing for hours with out catching something - but that is why its called fishing - not catching - Just tell her what awesome arms she is going to have casting all day - lol Myself I would rather cast than just sit in a boat and troll also - cause at least its something to do :happy: Oh and one more thing - take a bucket - lol. ;)
Bumper dumper or over the rail pail..

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terrace BC it is for the Chinook river run. Shall be casting while drift fishing the river with guide. Thanks for the input both on thread and by PM. I've learned a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.