BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope that everyone is out there pounding it this AM. forecast calls for 3-6" of rain today and tomorrow, with 10,000 ft. freezing levels. yikes!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh man that's alot of rain! Hopefully will signal late run steelies everywhere to giddyup! March and April some of my favorite fishing times!

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I wonder how the rivers will fair up there for wednesday...no rain here right now, but Ogo is a bit of a weather guru, hopefully we get a clear day or two before the next trip... :-\

·
Registered
225 Posts
fished for 3 hours this afternoon on the Cap. gauge @ 6-7. and wow was it raining. 2 handshakes. The nice thing about high water is if you can find the fish there is usually a couple stacked up and hiding from the flow. the trick of course is finding them.:). I'm going out tomorrow rain or..umm...heavy rain. ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
well the gauge is @ death level so it looks likes I'll walk the dog and bring the rod as an aside. you never know. ;)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Took a drive to have a look with Proffesori right to the upper end of the Vedder this morning. The water level has jumped some, but it was zero vis. up there...Mud! :p Only saw one vehicle out in the whole stretch. Not good fly conditions, so we opted out on this one. :-\ It's still pouring here. Look for the levels to rise even more if we get that warmer weather they predict for the coming week. :p

Finder ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was on the north shore today, Cap river is huge and muddy, you should see Lynn Creek, way up into the trees, just raging. Freezing levels will come way down tonight, hopefully rivers will clear by midweek or so, like maybe Wednesday, right guys?

·
Registered
225 Posts
HUGE!!!! is right. you would never know there was a 12 ft waterfall by the hatchery. the river has swallowed it whole. cable pool is a raging torent, House rock is under water and the big tree that was across the river @ grannies cove is nowhere to be seen. NSSR was out though. lights a blazin, right by camp cap. hope is was a practice and not some fool. any steel that was in the river is now back in the ocean.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I couldn't believe how high the cap was. The water was ragin so hard that you could barely see it with all the mist that was flying off it. Haven't seen it this bad since last falls flooding! It's bad!!!!

Hotrod

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry to say, weev, that it was NOT a practice. apparently, a couple of people thought that suicide was an option, and tried to make it down the river!!! :eek: Same thing happened on the Seymour, but I guess that somebody pulled his sorry ass out as well. So much for natural selection, I guess. ::)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
And....there goes the rain. Weather report is pretty clear for the rest of the week!

·
Registered
225 Posts
wow!! someone tried to run that!!!! I did see a kayak stashed on the westvan side near Grannies. I thought it may have been from the day before. I do a lot of extreme freeriding on my bike..skinnies 20' up in the air and 30' gap jumps but I do have a well developed sense of risk assessment. apparently those individuals did not. eeesh.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yup it's looking pretty clear. I'm keeping a close watch on the cap cam to see oif drops enough to warant a trip out this afternoon. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts