BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up to Hihium Lake next week. Does any one have any info on this lake ?

Cheers Rocko.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twas a gooood trip :D :D :D :D
was there in the tail end of may for 6 days.
The red leech was a slow to produce But was hammer'in them on dragon fly nymphs :D :) :!:

Cheers Rocko

·
Registered
517 Posts
hmmm. interesting. good to know. i usually fish the lake in fall and spring so that could be part of the reason the red leech was slow to produce. glad you had a good trip. what was the average size of the fish?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost every fish C&R was 16 inches with very large girth.
The odd 20-22 inch spawner

Cheers,
Rocko

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was my first trip to that lake, and I'll definetly go back :D :D
Do ya have any other lake that ya love in that area?

Cheers
Rocko

·
Registered
2 Posts
HiHium

Say, I'm heading up that way on the 7th. Look forward to some fish on top. Let me know how your trip this week too. I have been going up there since 1977. Love it. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
if i did, i wouldn't tell you!!! :wink: the other one i fish in that area is Loon Lake. I stay at Whitemoose Resort. lots of 10-16 inchers with the occasioanl bigger one. more of a trolling lake than an anchor and cast lake. i've never caught fish doing anything other than trolling flies there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I caught my first ever dry fly trout in Hihium around 1970. Back then, my dad used to be a part owner of Sky Hi Lodge, which has long since gone the way of the dodo. We'd be up there every summer, but I haven't been for 30 years.

Dinsdale

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yaaa I saw that sky-hi lodge what's the deal with that place :?:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts