BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever we go on holidays we always take a rod with us. The best fishing we have had was in Manzanillo - We fished off the beach, beside a bar where the service was great as the waiters brought us fresh shrimp to fish with, and fantastic margaritas! Heres a shot of our puffer fish we caught.
We also went deep sea fishing where my husband got his 8 1/2 ft sailfish and I got a 4 1/2 ft dorito (mahi mahi) They are beautiful fish in the water but after the fight and the gaffing they look aweful - they loose all their color.
(but we brought them both home after the mounting and they are on our livingroom wall. )

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We actually have them on video too when we caught them and watching the sailfish come out of the water is pretty awesome! They are beautiful fish and he put on quite a fight. They are blue - blue, in the beginning and then after the fight and when they are tired and brought up on the boat - they have lost all their color and are black looking. It took us a year to get them back -(we didnt think we would ever get them) they were skinned and sent to - I think mexico city and then mailed back in a big crate. Luckily when we came back from mexico we declared them on the plane on the declaration paper they give you. That way when they finally did arrive - they actually charged us again for duty and taxes but because we had declared them we just requested our money back - which we got. Saved us a little anyways.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i just learned something today :thumbup: I never knew that sailfish are blue but lose their colour due to stress because on the fishing shows you never see them right away so they are always dark. FF have you ever seen a fishing show where they have used big 12wt rods with large topwater flies for Blue Marlin?? awesome thing to see :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.