BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been here as well as other sites reading and then fishing and then more reading, then more fishing....We(my wife and I must be the die hardest fisherman of all time). Other than one pink 2 years ago, a coho last year and a few resident trout...nada, nothing. This i could add :wallbash: I have almost wore out 2 shimano reels but we still keep fishin. As I read here somewhere, it is a good excuse to go to the river. Yesterday however it seems our luck changed and having read other posts lately it seems to be extremely hard to catch a steelhead. We had a day off on Monday so decided to try the river when hopefully not so busy and enjoy the day wetting our lines. We only got out to the south Lickman side of the river about noonish and my wife had made two casts into the far seam and just like we read here and think it will never happen to us....float down, headshake and fish on she says. No way i laugh but looking at her 8lb light spinning reel with what was definately bent but not a snag this time because i actually seen the fish out of the water. :happy:This could't be and she played this beauty perfectly to shore where we reluctently had to release her as she was wild...damn. Sorry for the ramble and no pics, we hadn't thought of a camera(never catch). It was a doe and i don't no how heavy i'm guessing at least 15 lbs. It was about 2 and a half ft long and a 5 to 6inch girth :thumbup: a beauty when it seems their few and far between. Nothin the rest of day tho but it didn't matter. :beerchug:

· Registered
898 Posts
congrats to your wife :thumbup:
it will be your turn soon sounds like you put your time in
If you see me on the water and need some tips just ask
I am no expert but always willing to help others 8)

· Banned
2,854 Posts
congrats on your first chromer :thumbup: now that you have one you are hooked. If you ever see me out there i can give tips also :thumbup: always willing to help fellow members where i can.

· Registered
64 Posts
Ooops, so your wife had her first shot. Note that she is now hooked for life!
Again a steelhead junk is born!

Float is right, a 15 lbs steelhead of 30 inches should have a girth of 19 -20 inch.

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Nice story movinonca..!! When we last expect is when it's most likely to happen and certainly
the most enjoyable. Now that the wife has set the bar I guess you'll be playing catch up..?

:beerchug: Marko

· Registered
454 Posts
I know how you feel. No steel for us.Took 2 years until last week my wife nailed a wild one at 8:00 am, ??? crap!!!!! Now I had to get down to business and at 10:30 am. bam goes my line, low and behold a wild chrome bullet slammed my jig. Thanks to the steelie gods I didn't have to hear my wife go off about her fantastic fishing abilities. :wallbash:
Today 2 more wild ones for us. Keep on trying movinonca and you will get yours.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everybody's giver go here. And yes i will get mine, hopefully soon. It was such a blast to actually see that the
Snag, i mean Vedder river actually does have fish in it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.