BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
These lures look amazing. Really motivates me to start learning how to paint.

Can you recommend a make/model of airbrush, compressor and paint brand to get started with? Seems most recommendations I see aren't lure specific.

Cheers,

Salted

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's August (August 1st, but hey, it's the forum equivalent of first light!) - any tips regarding airbrush, compressors, paints are appreciated. Happy to hear from any forum members in the know (I just asked BigfishMike because well, it's obvious he knows what's up)

From what I can tell the Iwata airbrushes are good to great, depending on how spendy you want to get. I've heard their cheapo 'neo' airbrush does decent work, but requires thorough cleaning after each use. Maybe all brushes do, is that true?

Is spending more worth it? From what I can tell the only thing worth spending more for is the ability to handle more/thicker paints. Is adding glow pigment powder to paints something the requires a certain type of brush or PSI on the compressor? Seems like theres lots of cheap low psi compressors out there, I definitely want the ability to put on glow.

And the final (and most important) question: Which paint brand/series have you had success with?

Any help in figuring this stuff out is very appreciated.

Cheers,

Salted

Reactions: BigfishMike
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.