BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I invited Tom and Laura to head out for a few hours today to see what's biting. The best thing about fishing with them is they like catching anything that bites and enjoy stocking the freezer with bait for our grouper runs. We hit the channel at the end of the outgoing tide and a variety of fish were there and eager to bite. Ladyfish of all sizes including some bigger ones, bluefish and trout. For the first hour and a half we had non stop action mostly ladyfish. We looked around the flats close to shore and didn't really find anything better. I suspect out in a bit deeper water there would have been a good bunch of trout but trout wasn't really what we wanted today. When the tide seemed right and we moved in for redfish tossing bait onto the shorelines of several islands. Tom took four reds but none photo worthy and Laura got the bonus flounder and a big one (for here) at a shade over 20". An interesting observation was we worked the islands over a couple mile stretch with nothing to show except small redfish. I know they are around but not for us today. It was a great day for action and some good laughs with a couple of fine folk!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Funny looking tarpon but man, that thing is fat! And can I just say, one fish, two fish, redfish, bluefish?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts