BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple friends from a few miles north of my home town( Bill and Laurie) are spending a couple weeks here in Homosassa. We picked today to hit the flats together and scare up a few fish. With the chilly mornings lately we took off at 10 and worked the edges looking for pockets of warmer water. A lot of small trout were hanging there with the occasional slot fish. Not wanting too sore mouth a bunch of next years photo contenders we moved out onto the outside flats and found scattered fish of better size. Still in 63 degree water we had to tease them into biting and lost a few barely hooked fish. A lot of boats were over the flats we wanted to work so i headed to another area. That are was a bit warmer pushing 65 degrees and the larger trout liked it. Not really killing it but a decent bite. One small area within this crystal clear flat had some colored water and I no sooner said this looks like a redfish spot and Bill hooked his best red yet. A nice 25" redfish joined us for a quick photo and back it went. Every fish came on artificials....Can you guess:grin

This was a very pale redfish but fought like a thoroughbred

1 - 1 of 1 Posts