BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out fishing in a big school of pinks last night, and while attempting to release one, my knot snapped and I lost my last pink buzz bomb. I tried a white one for a bit and they ignored it, so I added a pink hoochie below the buzz bomb (Buzz bomb, hoochie, bumper, hook) and they went absolutely nuts. Every time I cast at one I got a hit. Now I am sure the hoochie ruined the intended motion of the buzz bomb, but at least it gave me a way to cast and retrieve the hoochie.

I highly recommend this if you want to try something unconventional. I ended up catching around 12-16 in the 3 hours I was out after work, just keeping the ones that swallowed the hook too far and got it in the gills, until I had my 4.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Well done Chris. I think the oink helps with a visual aid in the murky Fraser and the buzz bomb adds
tho the jigging motion. Slow in coming , but they are coming....

cheers marko

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is very similar to a technique I use. Instead of buzz bombs I use a big jig head and thread a large hootchie on. Works well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've also done this with buzz bombs, but started using little hoochies or rubber worm/grub things that go onto the hook. That way I can add or remove them without having to re-tie my hook.
I feel that this may impact the buzz bombs motion less. Although I do wonder what it looks like from the fish's perspective when the buzz bomb and the hook aren't right next to each other.

It has worked well while beach fishing for Coho and Pinks, but sometimes it seems that they prefer them without... so I mix it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any pink lure seems to work well for pinks, but they sure do like the pink buzz bomb hard to find during pink season stock up early

1 - 6 of 6 Posts